Skip to main content
Topic: Blockbuster Deal between ACLs and Robots (Read 1789 times) previous topic - next topic

Blockbuster Deal between ACLs and Robots

Coming off their 104 win season and taking the Carey Division crown, the fans in Ankeny were hoping for an even bigger season than last year. Thankfully for the fans in Ankeny, the ACLs' management had some wild ideas and after weeks of discussions and negotiations, the ACLs have reached deal with the Roxbury Robots, where 8 players move between teams and 2 draft picks are also exchanged.

ACLs get Shane Bieber (2022-Rookie, $0.5M) and Hyun-Jin Ryu (2020-ARB3, $5M).

Robots get the Willy Adames (2022-Rookie, $0.5M), Jon Duplantier (minors), Dexter Fowler (2020, $2.925M), J.A. Happ (2020, $7M), Jordan Lyles (2021, $0.25M), Dustin May (minors) and the ACLs' 1st (1.16) and 3rd (3.16) round picks in the upcoming minor league draft.

With this deal, the ACLs will be rolling out a rotation of Bieber, Ryu, Charlie "Freakin'" Morton, Mike Soroka and Mike Minor, giving the fans of Ankeny exciting pitching matchups for every game of the season. And when the pitching falters, ACL fans can hope that Juan Soto, Mookie Betts, Austin Meadows, Francisco Lindor, Miguel Sano, Javier Baez, Gleyber Torres, Michael Conforto, Ji-Man Choi (fan favorite in every location he plays) and Willson Contreras will provide fireworks every night. With this roster, the management of the ACLs is hoping that America's Ballpark, Tropicana Field, will be packed with fans, ringing their cowbells for more.

It was good dealing with Bob, and we wish the best to our former players.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Re: Blockbuster Deal between ACLs and Robots

Reply #1
robots confirm. sorry for delay...keyboard just broke! thanks jason, good luck!
bob h robots

Reply #2
Jason and Robert:

Great trade.  One comment - I have the ACLs with the 18th pick of the draft.  See here for a list of the records: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uhS0XVPGBVA7gWafxSFZeaGkH05oEaUGslx020_Ptbc/edit#gid=1250892253

Please confirm that the trade is still okay with the 18th pick of each draft involved.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
Still works for me. R's reconfirm with 1.18 and 3.18 the picks that change hands in this deal.
bob h - Robots

Reply #4
Same here. One of the problems with reaching your late 40s is that the tiny prints of 6 and 8 can get confusing. Darn middle aged eyes. :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."

Reply #5
Same here, says the sexagenarian!  (That ain't as good as it sounds).
bob h - Robots

Reply #6
Aaaaaaggghhhh!

I had those two starters targeted for discussion with Robert too!

&*%$* Jason...
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #7
Aaaaaaggghhhh!

I had those two starters targeted for discussion with Robert too!

&*%$* Jason...

Felt I needed to move fast given GMs like you in the league. :) You all are too smart.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

Reply #8
processed in the database

(editors note - huge trade. For both teams)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs