Skip to main content
Topic: Argonauts Shoot Their Shot! (Read 1387 times) previous topic - next topic

Argonauts Shoot Their Shot!

This off-season the phrase "World Series or bust" has been bandied about the Argonaut offices just about as frequently as English speakers use the the words "the", "be", and "to".  Before 7:14 pm Pacific Time, that phrase was purely your run of the mill off-season optimism and saber rattling.  By 7:15 pm, it was the truth.

Jacob DeGrom (9.5M/Arb2) heads to the Argonauts to take the already strong rotation of Justin Verlander, Mike Clevinger, and Zack Wheeler to next level status.  In return the Landlubbers pick up prospects Vidal Brujan, Albert Abreu and 2020 picks 1.12 and 2.12 to jump-start their rebuild.

Best of luck to Craig and the Landlubbers as they work their way back to the title contender status.  Their juggernaut pitching staffs over the last few years sent shivers down the spines of Mutiny hitters which in the end culminated in a stellar 2019 playoff run that made them World Series runner-ups.

As always, great working with you Craig and I hope to see you in the Series in the not to distant future.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Re: Argonauts Shoot Their Shot!

Reply #1
Thank you Matt and good luck to you. My days of the lowest runs against are over, hopefully DeGrom will be on the team that takes over that title from me (I think I had the title at least). Wheeler also came from the Landlubbers last year and will hopefully do well.

Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #2
Thank you Matt and good luck to you. My days of the lowest runs against are over, hopefully DeGrom will be on the team that takes over that title from me (I think I had the title at least). Wheeler also came from the Landlubbers last year and will hopefully do well.

You did hold that title, Craig.  Two years running, I believe.

What a trade, guys.  Matt jumps into the #1 pre-season favorite to represent the Frick overnight.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #3
CO confirms.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #4
processed in the database
Rod
Scurvy Dogs