Skip to main content
Topic: Argonauts and Rum Runners break the trade seal (Read 1151 times) previous topic - next topic

Argonauts and Rum Runners break the trade seal

The Mother Lode Argonauts and the Chicago Rum Runners have agreed to terms on a deal. It has been discussed between owners and both believe this is the first trade arrangement between the two franchises. Many discussions have happened in the past, but nothing came to fruition. We believe the calendar has flipped to July in the MSB season and pro-rated salaries are allowed to be accepted.

The Argonauts send Justin Verlander ($5.9M, 2020, pro-rated salary) to the Rum Runners.

The Rum Runners agree to send Chad Kuhl (1.9M, 2020, ISR), Nick Tropeano (1M, 2020 ARB 1), Addisson Russell (1M, 2020 ARB 1, Yimi Garcia (1M, 2020 ARB 1), Casey Mize (Minors) and Tristen Lutz (Minors). All salaries going to the Argonauts are 100% of 2020 salary.

Argonauts to confirm.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: Argonauts and Rum Runners break the trade seal

Reply #1
Argonauts agree.

Best of luck on your playoff run. I think Verlander's going to give you a serious boost. Good to hook up with you on our first trade and as always great chatting baseball with you.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #2
Do we get C.O. confirmation and processing?

I need to make edits to my MP and I'm sure Matt does as well before games resume from the MSB ASB.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #3
CO confirms.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #4
I'm a big fan of any team in the KML improving their chances of taking down the ACLs before they get to the WS.  Go Rum Runners!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion