Skip to main content
Topic: ROUGAROU - Trevor Bauer, SP - $4m/2024 (Read 1164 times) previous topic - next topic

ROUGAROU - Trevor Bauer, SP - $4m/2024

Please make your bids here
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: Trevor Bauer, SP -

Reply #1
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #2
$750k
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
Hold on guys - there is a rule debate going on right now regarding Bauer. I have locked his bidding until a decision is made
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
Final ruling:
Bauer is eligible for the auction (obviously since he had MLB playing time in 2021).

Bauer is not eligible for a salary offset in year 1 (obviously since all salary offsets have to be announced prior to free agency. Plus I don’t think he qualifies anyway, but the ruling regarding offset eligibility takes precedence).

Bauer will not be eligible for a potential salary offset in Years 2 or Year 3. This one is not as obvious so here’s the ruling - we decided that Bauer’s legal issues are essentially a pre-existing condition and as such will impact his current valuation in free agency. So any team that bids on Bauer already are aware of his legal situation and are factoring that into the bidding. Therefore, he will not be eligible for an offset going forward and this will be the standard used for any player who has a pending suspension, etc from the previous season AND happens to also be eligible for Mutiny free agency that same offseason. Long story short, if you choose to sign Bauer to a 2 or 3 year deal you do so at your own risk.

One point of clarification since it also came up. Paid Admin Leave in our eyes is the same as a suspension and would qualify for an offset. That clarification doesn’t apply to the Bauer situation, but we will update the rule book accordingly.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #5
Thread has been unlocked, you may bid on Bauer again if you choose.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #6
Arizona Koi bid 1.5M
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #7
$1.75M
Mike
Santa Ana Sea Wolves

An analog soul in a digital world

Reply #8
Koi bid 3m
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #9
4M
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner

Reply #10
closed to the Rougarou
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: ROUGAROU - Trevor Bauer, SP -

Reply #11
3yr at 4M
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions

Pennant Winner

Re: ROUGAROU - Trevor Bauer, SP - $4m/2024

Reply #12
I'm disgusted at myself for saying this, but this could turn out to be the best signing in MSB history.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #13
I did a lot of thinking on this one and updated myself on the situation. He has never been arrested for any of this, much less convicted. I assume MLB will suspend him, but he also was on "leave" for like 1/2 a season this past year. Who knows,..
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions

Pennant Winner

Reply #14
I did a lot of thinking on this one and updated myself on the situation. He has never been arrested for any of this, much less convicted. I assume MLB will suspend him, but he also was on "leave" for like 1/2 a season this past year. Who knows,..

Completely.  Even without being convicted of anything, I can think he's a PoS (for more reasons than just the current allegations) while also acknowledging that you may have gotten a great deal.  The two points are not mutually exclusive.
David
Phoenix Miners