Skip to main content
Topic: ACL'S - Nathan Eovaldi, SP - $5.5m/2024 (Read 684 times) previous topic - next topic

ACL'S - Nathan Eovaldi, SP - $5.5m/2024

Please make your bids here
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: Nathan Eovaldi, SP

Reply #1
Arizona Koi bid 5M
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #2
The ACLs bid $5.5 million on Nathan Eovaldi.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #3
closed to the ACL's
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: ACL'S - Nathan Eovaldi, SP

Reply #4
The ACLs are very happy to welcome Nathan Eovaldi to the team with a 3-year contract at a cost of $5.5 million per season. I feel good about this signing, since seeing Brad Keller getting $4 million scared me if teams were just bidding on innings.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."

Re: ACL'S - Nathan Eovaldi, SP - $5.5m/2024

Reply #5
I debated with myself a few times about jumping in on Eovaldi while he was siting at $5.5M and I may slightly regret not doing so once free agency is done.  As a a rebuilding team the injury history and career year scared me away enough that he won't repeat what he did this year.  Could still be a good signing even if he does regress, as long as he stays healthy.
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #6
Processed in database.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #7
I debated with myself a few times about jumping in on Eovaldi while he was siting at $5.5M and I may slightly regret not doing so once free agency is done.  As a a rebuilding team the injury history and career year scared me away enough that he won't repeat what he did this year.  Could still be a good signing even if he does regress, as long as he stays healthy.

I'm hoping that Eovaldi turns into Charlie Morton, where some success and getting over his injury problems sends him to a higher level of production. I do worry a bit about injuries, but I felt that at this price, it is worth the risk.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs