Skip to main content
Topic: LANDLUBBERS - Kevin Plawecki, C - $510k/2023 (Read 1252 times) previous topic - next topic

LANDLUBBERS - Kevin Plawecki, C - $510k/2023

Please make your bids here
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: Kevin Plawecki, C

Reply #1
Landlubbers bid 250K
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #2
Sorry Craig.

Bums bid $350K
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #3
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #4
Closed to the Landlubbers
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: LANDLUBBERS - Kevin Plawecki, C

Reply #5
2yrs please
I didn't offer him ARB but think I still have HTD of 15% for having promoted him?
If so I think it is (510K/23)
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Re: LANDLUBBERS - Kevin Plawecki, C

Reply #6
15% HTD granted.

Just to be clear though - there will be no HTD for any future contract because you are only re-signing him to a 2 year contract.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: LANDLUBBERS - Kevin Plawecki, C - $510k/2023

Reply #7
This might be a bit too late, but should the ACLs have gotten a 15% home team discount on Betts, Lindor, and Sano? I don't recall this change (this would be my fault though), but it would seem like all of these players should get it, since I originally promoted them. I'm not sure if this is true with other free agents that got an HTD.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #8
Processed in database.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #9
This might be a bit too late, but should the ACLs have gotten a 15% home team discount on Betts, Lindor, and Sano? I don't recall this change (this would be my fault though), but it would seem like all of these players should get it, since I originally promoted them. I'm not sure if this is true with other free agents that got an HTD.

They should all be 15% I believe.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #10
This was the first time I saw a 15% discount, I think. I did look at other signings and only saw 10% discounts.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."

Reply #11
This was the first time I saw a 15% discount, I think. I did look at other signings and only saw 10% discounts.

Jason,

We implemented that change 2 years ago I think.  I'm kind of dependent on owners to tell me when the 15% applies versus the 10% so I assume 10% unless someone tells me (and then I go check last year's spreadsheet.)

I will add the 15% for those three guys.  Just keep my informed in the future.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #12
David,

Thanks. I kind of vaguely recall a discussion about a 15% discount and thinking that would come in handy with Betts and Lindor down the road. Looking at prior emails, it looks like this was originally discussed in December 2019 or January 2020. I guess the world turning upside down made me forget this change. :) Plus, I don't recall other owners using it on their HTD, so it just keep below my radar. Thanks again and I'll remember that for the future (yes, I'm talking about Mr. Soto here).
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

Reply #13
David,

Thanks. I kind of vaguely recall a discussion about a 15% discount and thinking that would come in handy with Betts and Lindor down the road. Looking at prior emails, it looks like this was originally discussed in December 2019 or January 2020. I guess the world turning upside down made me forget this change. :) Plus, I don't recall other owners using it on their HTD, so it just keep below my radar. Thanks again and I'll remember that for the future (yes, I'm talking about Mr. Soto here).
I'm still a little sore that we don't get a 15% discount for players who have played their entire MSB career (3 year contracts always) with the same team. Those guys that are no longer available at draft time because they had too many ABs, but weren't taken in the draft because they either weren't weren't hyped up in the rankings, or came over as a FA from Japan or Korea. For me personally, I'm talking about Max Muncy and Seth Lugo.

I don't suppose we could ever open up that can of worms again?
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #14
I wouldn’t be opposed to another 5% off what I paid for Ohtani!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs