Skip to main content
Topic: NO SALE - Dustin Fowler, OF (Read 929 times) previous topic - next topic

NO SALE - Dustin Fowler, OF

Please make your bids here
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: Dustin Fowler, OF

Reply #1
Auk bids $250,000 with a polite nod to the Rod Dog.    
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Reply #2
closed to the Auk
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
@David - this also removes my NRO for Fowler
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: AUK - Dustin Fowler, OF

Reply #5
I don't know if I have salary cap room for 1 year.   

Now with Zimmerman being claimed by at least one team what does that do ?    That make the salary not count against me for 2022 and 2023 ?     If removes the him from my cap hit than I can do Fowler for one year.    I'd need my salary cap director to do the math.      
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Reply #6
I don't know if I have salary cap room for 1 year.   

Now with Zimmerman being claimed by at least one team what does that do ?    That make the salary not count against me for 2022 and 2023 ?     If removes the him from my cap hit than I can do Fowler for one year.    I'd need my salary cap director to do the math.      

Bob,

The key question is - do you want to do Fowler for one year?  If not, don't.  The conversation about one year versus three (or even two) only applies to the impact on Rod of your decision.  But the decision is yours.

Re: Zimmerman, you will be relieved of the burden of his cap hit but it will become effective tomorrow night.  That said, if you need that, you can always delay your signing of Fowler (or other players) by a day.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #7
I have salary car room this year ($0.500,000) so I will sign him for one year and immediately waive him so I don't exceed my 40 man roster limit.    If that can be done (exceed roster size for a administrative tick of the clock) then I will do so.   
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Reply #8
I have salary car room this year ($0.500,000) so I will sign him for one year and immediately waive him so I don't exceed my 40 man roster limit.    If that can be done (exceed roster size for a administrative tick of the clock) then I will do so.   

Maybe I'm not following - are you saying you would sign Fowler to a 1 year, $500k contract and then immediately waive him?
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #9
Yes    I guess that was the plan that I agreed to when I made the trade.   With Zimmerman being claimed I guess I did not need to do so.   But yes sign him for one year at 200% and then waive him.   I am already at the 40 man limit without him 
Bob Miller
The Great Auk