Skip to main content
Topic: The 2023 Game Inside the Game (Read 320 times) previous topic - next topic

The 2023 Game Inside the Game

Gentlemen... start your engines!!! It's Game Inside the Game time, once again!

In 2023, the GIG is a bit different:
1) It's monthly (not every 13 games),
2) therefore it takes less time to participate, and
3) the draft picks are more significant: 1st place gets the 4.1, 2nd place gets the 4.12, and 3rd place gets the last pick in the 4th, the 4.23.

Some of you (and I) have already begun simming games, while others are just concentrating on which 26 men to start the season with. If I remember correctly, the season starts in 2 weeks! So let's get this part started.

If the CO would be so kind as to "clean up" the GIG forum a bit (put the 2022 season threads in the archives), I'll then post GIG Round 1's questions.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: The 2023 Game Inside the Game

Reply #1
Hello folks

As the DEFENDING Gig champ I figure I'll handicap myself and post my predictions first.   So if ya'll want to copy my picks to give yourselves a chance this year , go right ahead.

Ford Frick
1-Thunder
2-Brewers
3-Dogs
4-Argonauts
With the Thunder and Argonauts playing in the Frick finals.  (I know they would meet up in the first round if finish 1 and 4 but I am hedging my bets)  with the Thunder winning the conference. 

Mountain Landis
1- ACLs
2 - Wolves
3- Tubemen
4- Landlubbers
With the ACLs and Wolves meeting in the Landis finals.   Wolves go the championship series

Overall winner:   Wolves defeat the Thunder
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Re: The 2023 Game Inside the Game

Reply #2
So if ya'll want to copy my picks to give yourselves a chance this year , go right ahead.
LOL - nice Bob.

But everyone hold off for just a day or so, please. These are indeed most of the questions for Round 1, but I have a couple more. So please wait for the official Round 1 thread to come out.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion