Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8: Playoffs (Read 607 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 8: Playoffs

Round 7's points were absolutely NUTS. The most points scored by the most teams ever. I'll try to learn from that in the future. Bottom line: Dan is in complete control of 1st place, 12 points ahead of both Shane and Craig, with a tight field of 4 other guys - any of whom can still win it, with both the preseason round and the playoff round yet undecided.

As for this round ( Round 8 ), there is one series we won't be predicting on: The Sweets and my Thunder already went H2H this past week. I just plumb forgot to do the post-season GIG before we started.  It was a very fun series. The game that defined the series was Game 5. While the Thunder shut out the Sweets twice, every other game was back-and-forth, and honestly CRAZY. Game 5, with the series tied at 2 a piece, opened with the Thunder going up 2 in the top of the first, then the Sweets getting 5 unanswered by the 5th. The Thunder stormed back with 3 in the 8th, and we remained tied going to the 11th. Arozarena starting things going for the Thunder with a one-out double. A walk and a strike-out plus a K on the next batter with a wild pitch on strike 3 loaded the bases with 2 outs. Brantley ripped a single to center, and I felt lucky and sent a poor runner home from 2nd, and McCarthy gunned him. We got one. But in the bottom of the inning, Daniel Bard walked Christian Walker and with one out, former Thunder Eugenio Suarez jacked a walk-off homer to left for a 7-6 win. Game 6 was a 5-3 affair, with the Thunder up 3-2 in the 8th.

I love H2H. I hate losing, but I really love H2H.

Congratulations to Butch and the Walla Walla Sweets who took down the Thunder 4 games to 2.

So we won't be predicting THAT series.

Here are the classic (bracket-style) Playoff GIG questions ( Round 8 ):

I'll list the matchups, you write the winning team.

Divisional Round (1 point each):
1) Landlubbers vs Garden Hammers
2) Argonauts vs Bums
3) Rougarou vs. Sea Wolves

League Championships (3 points each):
4) Argos/Bums vs. Sweets
5) Landlubbers/Hammers vs. Rougarou/Sea Wolves

MSB Championship (5 points):
(write your winner)

That's it! Good luck.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: Round 8: Playoffs

Reply #1
1) Landlubbers vs Garden Hammers - Landlubbers
2) Argonauts vs Bums - Bums
3) Rougarou vs. Sea Wolves - Sea Wolves

4) Argos/Bums vs. Sweets - Sweets
5) Landlubbers/Hammers vs. Rougarou/Sea Wolves - Sea Wolves

Champion - Sweets
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #2
Landlubbers
Argos
Rougarou

Sweet
Rougarou

Rougarou
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #3
1) Landlubbers
2) Bums
3) Sea Wolves
4) Bums
5) Sea Wolves
6) Bums
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #4
1) Landlubbers
2) Argonauts
3) Sea Wolves
4) Argos
5) Sea Wolves
6) Argos

Reply #5
Robots predict:
1- Landlubbers
2- Bums
3- Seawolves
4= Bums
5- Seawolves
6- Bums

Reply #6
1) Garden Hammers
2) Bums
3) Sea Wolves

4) Bums
5) Hammers

Bums
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #7
Landlubbers
Argos
Rougarou
Sweets

Sweets
Rougarou

Rougarou!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #8
GIG is closed
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #9
Dang, I didn't realize I was so high in the rankings. I figured I was low enough and didn't want to deal with the forum issues that it seems many are dealing with.

FWIW, I can't view the forum in a reasonable way at home with chrome or edge. On my work computer chrome doesn't work but edge has (probably because I have never used it before). I've tried removing cookies and files for this website but it doesn't change anything. Has to be something along those lines though if changing computers works.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #10
Dang, I didn't realize I was so high in the rankings. I figured I was low enough and didn't want to deal with the forum issues that it seems many are dealing with.

FWIW, I can't view the forum in a reasonable way at home with chrome or edge. On my work computer chrome doesn't work but edge has (probably because I have never used it before). I've tried removing cookies and files for this website but it doesn't change anything. Has to be something along those lines though if changing computers works.
Craig, I'm told Chrome just won't work (for the time being), so if you can use another browser (try something other than edge?) it should work like normal. David is on it - but the overhaul is a long process, and will take place after the championship is over.

Reply #11

Craig, I had the same issues with Chrome. I've switched to Firefox to view our forum and haven't had any problems with it.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #12
Answers:

1) Landlubbers
2) Argonauts
3) Rougarou

4) Argos
5) Rougarou