Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Press Clippings / May 5th
Last post by Brendtmc -
GAME HIGHLIGHTS

Brooklyn @ Chicago
The top two teams in the KML start a set in Chicago.  A two run home run by Bryan Reynolds in the fifth and a five hit shutout by Brooklyn pitching leads the Kraken to the opening game 2-0 victory and tie two teams atop the conference.

Ankeny @ Roxbury
Juan Soto clubs two homers and Mookie Betts, Luke Raley, and Kiebert Ruiz each pitch in with a homer of their own and the ACL's pound Roxbury for the 15-7 game one win.

Mother Lode @ Arizona
Chris Bassitt pitches a seven hit, complete game shutout and Rafael Devers and Sean Murphy homer and drive in three runs apiece to lead the Argos to the 6-0 win.

Scurvy @ Great
A shootout in Great!  Bob, Rod . . . either of you want to pitch in with a synopsis of the wild ride?

Motor City @ Windy City
The City's hook up for their first series of the year, and delight the fans with a shootout of their own.  The Madmen stake the home team Rattlers to a sizeable lead entering the middle innings.  Then . . . Cody Bellinger arrives!  A grand slam in the sixth brings Motor City all the way back from their five run deficit and two innings later the lefty swinging first baseman rips a three run job to put the game away.

Ann Arbor @ Santa Ana
Another offensive shootout in Santa Ana.  The Wolves run out to a 7-0 lead after two.  Brayan Bello tries to give it all back, surrendering a six spot to the Landlubbers in the fourth.  But that's all he gives up and Santa Ana tacks on another seven runs to coast to the 14-6 win.  Nolan Jones and Mike Trout of the Wolves: one of them is hitting .396 with 7 homers and 15 RBI; the other is hitting .164, just hit is first homer and has just 8 RBI.  Who is hot and who is cold?  Take a look...

Bako @ Everest
The desert vs. 29,032 feet.  With a stop at Cabella's for parkas, mittens and snow boots, the Bums hike to the summit.  Marcus Stroman is seemingly unaffected, pitching six shutout innings to lower his ERA to 0.35.  Adolis Garcia goes 4-5 with two homers, four runs, and four RBI and the desert prevails in game one.
Press Clippings / Re: May 4th
Last post by Bob Miller -
Good to see the games back running.   Glad everyone was OK.   For a while I thought we had a health scare.   Speaking of health scares my top FA signing just got his forearm broken in the Cardinal game today.   Willson Contreras.   How long does it take a broken arm to heal?         

Dabnabit    Waited a week for the rubber game of the series against the Argonauts    Lost 2-5.    Still early to scoreboard watch but my Auk has the Dogs and Bums at home for the next six games.   If the Auk is to start spreading its wings in the division these two series will be time to do so.    The Dogs are leading the pack in the division tied with the Bums.    
Last post by Brendtmc -
Quite the turn around for Lopez after early season struggles. His first three starts had been disastrous.
Last post by Walla Walla -
The Bako Bums hosted Walla Walla and beat 'em 4-0. Bobby Witt, Jr hit a 3-run homer in the 3rd inning, and Pablo Lopez struck out 10 Sweets in 6 innings.
Press Clippings / May 4th
Last post by Brendtmc -
My Chrome browser is acting up.  I've now lost two writeups to crashes over the last 30+ minutes.

In a nutshell . . . some teams won . . . some teams lost.

Results are posted on the website.  Sorry.