Mutiny Simulation Baseball

League Office => Team Hot Stove => Great Auk => Topic started by: Bob Miller on July 21, 2022, 08:01:07 AM

Title: Buyers and Sellers for the second half
Post by: Bob Miller on July 21, 2022, 08:01:07 AM
Hello folks

Bob here from The Great Auk.    Enjoying the MLB season and my first Mutiny League season very much.    I knew my Auk would have some issues but my dang Chicago W Sox have to be the most uninspired team in pro ball in quite a while.   They need a heart transplant to quote somebody from somewhere.

I'm sensing not of a of tank and rebuild actions in this league.   Other than a lower pick in the amateur draft there is no real incentive to tank.   Amateur draft picks tend to have a 3-6 year window before they get to the major leagues.     

Still that being said The Great Auk would consider moving any of my players if a contender thinks the acquisition of such would improve their championship chances.    Basically we will be answering the phone (email) if another team reaches out    rtm5477@yahoo.com        
Title: Re: Buyers and Sellers for the second half
Post by: David Johnson on January 13, 2023, 08:39:04 AM
Bob,

Didn't realize this had been posted here.  I've moved it to your Hot Stove.
Title: Re: Buyers and Sellers for the second half
Post by: David Johnson on January 13, 2023, 08:42:17 AM
One comment though - we've definitely seen some value in tanking.  I did it after the 2015 season and was able to load up on players which has fueled my run for the last 6+ years.  I would say that Craig did something similar 2-3 years ago and he ended up winning the series.  Other teams have done similar things.  Not all of us can be Jason and be really good every year.