Skip to main content
Topic: DOGS: C Yasmani Grandal, $5.25M/2021 (Read 3297 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: C Yasmani Grandal

Reply #15
I don’t believe that’s correct. Only people who made a valid bid in the last 24 prior to silent starting are eligible. Not everyone since the beginning of time.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #16
Not saying this is the official rule but it's what David sent us in the email:
Gentlemen:

I've posted the 20 free agents for round 1.  Feel free to get started now remembering the following:
•   Valid bids must start at $250K and can be raised by $100K until the bids reach $1M.  At that point, only $250K increase will be valid.
•   The earlier a player can close is 9 PM PST on Monday night.
•   Players must go 24 hours without receiving a bid to close.
•   Open message board bidding will continue until Thursday at 9 PM PST.
•   Any players who received a bid after 9 PM PST on Wednesday will go into silent auction and all GMs who submitted a valid bid between 12:01 AM PST on Wednesday and 9 PM PST on Thursday will be eligible for the silent auction.
Finally, no teams are impacted by our $50M per free agency rule.

Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #17
You guys are right - my bad.

Eligible to bid:
Cutty’s
Dogs
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #18
I don’t believe that’s correct. Only people who made a valid bid in the last 24 prior to silent starting are eligible. Not everyone since the beginning of time.

Dan already corrected Kyle, but I wanted to be clear that Rod's answer wasn't right either - it's not the 24 hours prior to starting silent auction - it's the 45 hours prior to starting.  I.E. 12:01 AM PST on Wednesday to 9:00 PM PST on Thursday.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #19
Dan already corrected Kyle, but I wanted to be clear that Rod's answer wasn't right either - it's not the 24 hours prior to starting silent auction - it's the 45 hours prior to starting.  I.E. 12:01 AM PST on Wednesday to 9:00 PM PST on Thursday.
Right. Basically anyone with a bid posted Feb 6 or later.

Reply #20
Okay, so I'm confused . . . . . . can I bid?
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #21
 No soup for you!

Reply #23
Okay, so I'm confused . . . . . . can I bid?
Sorry, Brendt!  I read your response quickly, and thought you were joking about being able to bid in the silent auction.  My bad for trying to multitask. 

Reply #24
Guys, I’m sorry for the confusion caused by my comment. It was only meant to be a joke, but lost any part of the ‘funny’ when written... 😳

Again, sorry for causing any confusion. Please disregard my poor attempt at humor as I slink away into the darkness...
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #25
Normally at this point, I'd post the OFFICIAL "Grandal is going to silent acution" post.  However, the Cutty's respectfully emailed me to let me know they will not be bidding further on Grandal. 

Therefore, the Dog's win Grandal at what I assume is a 3-year deal at $5.25M.

Re: DOGS: C Yasmani Grandal, $5.25M/2021

Reply #26
Can I at least decide on a 3 year deal or not before you post it to the subject line? Ha ha.

Just to make it official.
We’ll give Grandal a 3 year deal :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: DOGS: C Yasmani Grandal, $5.25M/2021

Reply #27
Can I at least decide on a 3 year deal or not before you post it to the subject line? Ha ha.

Just to make it official.
We’ll give Grandal a 3 year deal :)
I just wanted to close out the week before I went to bed.  I couldn't imagine you not giving Grandal 3 years.  :)