Skip to main content
Topic: MSB 2020 is gonna be epic, me thinks (Read 827 times) previous topic - next topic

MSB 2020 is gonna be epic, me thinks

Watching the end of the Daytona 500 last night, I couldn't help but think of MSB.  14 cars all stacked up on the last lap with a shot at crossing the start/finish line in 1st was crazy good TV.  And I honestly think we might have a similar finish in MSB 2020.  I just wonder who might be the Ryan Newman of MSB (thankfully it appears he's gonna be just fine).  Like last year with David, I think we might have 3 or 4 of those heartbreaks come the end of September.

As the title opines, I think this might be the most competitive season in MSB's history.  I only know of 2 teams that are slowing to a jog, and both of those teams are probably .500 teams on paper even still, and very well-positioned for a playoff run next season.  And they are in opposite leagues, meaning there might be 9 teams in each league going into 2020 with their eyes on October.  Wow!

As for the defending champion Blues, this is gonna be my weakest pitching staff in 13 seasons, just strictly judging by ERA and OPSA.  And my offense is a bit weaker, too.  However, I'm in a good spot to pick up an Ace and a big bat in or around August, which will be the plan if I'm within striking distance in the Scully.  I've got 3 relatively full-time SP's I estimate will be at or around .500 and two who should fare a bit better.  So my confidence in the 2020 Boys in Blue is under the caution flag at best.

Good luck to you all!  Should be an electric season!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion