Skip to main content
Topic: Cy Young (Read 3142 times) previous topic - next topic

Cy Young

Please vote and we'll pull the voting back up for fun after the season and see how we did :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: Cy Young

Reply #1
The Cy Young voting won't be as close the MVP voting and Clayton Kershaw will be the winner of the Cy Young award.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #2
Just a reminder, Kershaw only logged 140 innings. I'm pretty confident that he didn't win the Cy in 2016 for that reason and Mutiny won't be that much different.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #3
Just a reminder, Kershaw only logged 140 innings. I'm pretty confident that he didn't win the Cy in 2016 for that reason and Mutiny won't be that much different.
Good point Brent. One of the dangers of early season simulations is that it's easy to miss things like that.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #4
Word to the wise: Don't be down to the Dogs going into the ninth.  You're done.  Britton just might take home the CY.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #5
As a general rule I am strongly against relievers for Cy. But Britton's numbers are going to be stupid good. I had to include him on the ballot...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #6

We need a dislike option. No need to remind me that I spent $19 mill on a pitcher who isn't even full-time in year 1...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #7

We need a dislike option. No need to remind me that I spent $19 mill on a pitcher who isn't even full-time in year 1...
Rod, have you considered investing in some of this:
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #8
I think Marco Estrada should be on the list, because his numbers are filthy, and in every sim so far he's in the top 5 in ERA.  So, do I choose "field" if I want to select him?

I'm telling you guys, the Devils pitching is solid.  The not-so-scary offense is going to keep them in a battle for the last wildcard spot in the Roberts, but if they get in, watch out.

Reply #9

The bummer is that Clayton is also going to get very deep in games for you.  I'm guessing you'll get about 25-26 starts out of him.  UNLESS you choose the "use relievers early" option, in which case he'll give you 5-6 innings each start for more like 30-32 starts.  Always a gamble, but it's an interesting strategy.

Reply #10
I think Marco Estrada should be on the list, because his numbers are filthy, and in every sim so far he's in the top 5 in ERA.  So, do I choose "field" if I want to select him?

I'm telling you guys, the Devils pitching is solid.  The not-so-scary offense is going to keep them in a battle for the last wildcard spot in the Roberts, but if they get in, watch out.

I was on the fence regarding Estrada, I probably should have just added him. But yeah, him (and any other write-in-votes) would go to 'Field'
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #11

Rod, have you considered investing in some of this:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #12

He does get an additional 20% on top of that (batters faced), which still doesn't make him a 200 inning guy, but...
Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Reply #13
It's hard to know who all voted for the field, but Kershaw was the only player to get more than one vote and his candidacy is very solid going 13-2 with a 1.63 ERA, .528 OPS against, and a 0.89 WHIP. There are going to be a couple others that have a valid argument for some votes though too.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs