Skip to main content
Topic: Buyers and Sellers for the second half (Read 494 times) previous topic - next topic

Buyers and Sellers for the second half

Hello folks

Bob here from The Great Auk.    Enjoying the MLB season and my first Mutiny League season very much.    I knew my Auk would have some issues but my dang Chicago W Sox have to be the most uninspired team in pro ball in quite a while.   They need a heart transplant to quote somebody from somewhere.

I'm sensing not of a of tank and rebuild actions in this league.   Other than a lower pick in the amateur draft there is no real incentive to tank.   Amateur draft picks tend to have a 3-6 year window before they get to the major leagues.     

Still that being said The Great Auk would consider moving any of my players if a contender thinks the acquisition of such would improve their championship chances.    Basically we will be answering the phone (email) if another team reaches out    rtm5477@yahoo.com        
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Re: Buyers and Sellers for the second half

Reply #1
Bob,

Didn't realize this had been posted here.  I've moved it to your Hot Stove.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: Buyers and Sellers for the second half

Reply #2
One comment though - we've definitely seen some value in tanking.  I did it after the 2015 season and was able to load up on players which has fueled my run for the last 6+ years.  I would say that Craig did something similar 2-3 years ago and he ended up winning the series.  Other teams have done similar things.  Not all of us can be Jason and be really good every year.
David
Phoenix Miners