Skip to main content
Topic: 2023 trade traffic (Read 338 times) previous topic - next topic

2023 trade traffic

Howdy folks

I hate to say it but the The Great Auk plan for 2023 in the Mutiny League is still a rebuilding one.   I despise not competing but other than an impressive #1/#2 punch for my starting pitching with Fried and Webb there isn't much in the cupboard.    The sad thing is only Trout at $17.213 a year is making more than the Auk's Ozuna at $14.75/year     Pitching is just as bad with a huge salary for awful numbers where Dinelson Lamet at $11.0 is the second highest paid pitcher with only Wheeler at $12.5 / year making more.   Them are some bad contracts.    Which means there isn't much salary cap room for free agents to compete this year.

So Fried and Webb are on the trading block.   Fried is due an arbitration increase but he will still have good value.   Webb will hopefully get me a nice return of prospects and picks.    Buxton had 28 HRs in 340 ABs so he could help someone out as well with his stellar defense.   Everyone else is on the table as well.   

Send an email if interested.   rtm5477@yahoo.com             
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

2023 mid season trades

Reply #1
Hello again folks

Dusting off the thread from the pre-season as unfortunately but predictably The Great Auk ain't playing too great this 2023 Mutiny season with a quarter of the season in the books.    However we are looking good for the 2024 season.  Several of the Auk hitters are coming around: Bohm, Torkelson, Nootbaar, Ozzie, Conforto all heating up.    Wonderkid Bryce Miller from the 4th round certainly helps.

Any competing team need hitting ?    Joc Peterson would be your guy.   MLB stats are a 278/356/538 slash vs RHP.  Against Mutiny League righties he has produced: 296/367/608     Expiring contract this year so no long term commitments.   Looking for the usual.  Young rookies, minor league player(s) or draft picks or a draft swap would all be considered.    

Buxton would help any team this year as well but he costs $6+ next year.   He is penciled into the Auk line-up for next year but he could be moved this year to a contender as well.  

Let me know your thoughts    rtm5477@yahoo.com  
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Re: 2023 trade traffic

Reply #2
WEBB

Walla Walla offers minor leaguer Edouard Julien, currently starting and excelling at 2nd base for Minnesota for rent-a-player Logan Webb and $300,000 cash. We will be waiving Trevor May if you accept the deal. He could be included. An alternative is Julien + Tanner Houck for Webb. Cash would not be necessary in that case.

Butch
Walla Walla
lewis_butch@yahoo.com