Skip to main content
Topic: Robots @ Rum Runners (Read 32 times) previous topic - next topic

Robots @ Rum Runners

1st of all, I expected my offense to carry this squad with a few bumps in the rotation and a solid bullpen.

Rum Runners host the Robots from Roxbury on April 28th, April 29th and May 1st with April 30th off for Jesus.

Shuster vs Sears with two starters having very different starts to this season as Sears has an ERA below 2.0 and Shuster above 5.0. It doesn't take long for Chicago to get on the board following a lead-off double, a walk and then a 1-out double by McCormick scores two of the five 1st inning runs. That would be enough offense for Sears who goes six innings, gives up one earned while the Chicago offense stacks on 7 more runs in a 12-2 drubbing in the opener of this series.

Another great start by Johan Oviedo as he exits after 7 innings with a 2-1 lead. A clean inning from Milner with help from Bednar takes Chicago to the bottom of the 8th where the offense gets three more runs. Bednar comes out to finish the 9th and 2nd save of the season. Another series victory, working towards a sweep in the finale and continuing the winning streak.

Chicago opens the scoring again, putting pressure on the Robots pitching staff and offense right away getting to Jack Flaherty for 5 earned in 2 2/3 IP sending him to the showers early. Braxton Garrett, the guy on the bump for Chicago turns in 7 innings, a trend this series for Chicago, allowing two earned runs. His ERA lowered to 9.22 on the season leaves the game with a victory in his sights while the Robots have different ideas. Solo runs in the 7th and 8th followed by 5 in the ninth results in a blown save by Bednar who gives up his first five earned runs of the season in one appearance. Clase for the save for Roxbury holding a 8-5 lead, single, error, single, double, single and ball game with no outs recorded.

My top 3 bullpen guys have an ERA over 6, not total, but each. This will hopefully begin to decrease as the season continues and they can get those numbers to respectable.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)