Skip to main content
Topic: Roster Corrrections (Read 1036 times) previous topic - next topic

Roster Corrrections

I think there are two minor errors on my roster:
 * Wilmer Flores is listed at his full 250k salary but I believe I should only be responsible for 25% of his salary.
 * On my non-roster obligations, I'm paying for 50% of Josh Harrison's $500k salary but I believe it's supposed to be 75%.

Like I said, only minor discrepancies but I wanted to be sure my salary summary was accurate as I approach the cap.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Re: Roster Corrrections

Reply #1
Dan:

Salaries can only be pro-rated down to $250K.  That's the minimum salary that an active player can have regardless of pro-ration, salary relief, or otherwise.

Here's the relevant language on pro-rating:

The timing of trades can have an effect on the current year contract value. Trades that occur after July 1 or August 15 (both dates referring to the DMB season) will have pro-rated salaries. Pro-rations only apply to the season for which the player was traded. Any additional contract years will remain at the player's original annual contract value. Specifically:
  • After July 1 of the DMB season, any eligible players traded by that manager apply a 50% prorating against that player’s current year contract. The team accepting this player will pay the remaining 50% of that player’s salary for the player’s current year contract.
  • After August 15 of the DMB season, any eligible players traded by that manager may apply a 75% pro-rating against that player’s current year contract. The team accepting this player will pay the remaining 25% of that player’s salary for the player’s current year contract.

Certain restrictions apply:
  • No player contract will be reduced below the minimum contract level of 250K per year.
  • Pro-rations will be rounded to the nearest number divisible by $10,000.
  • Trading partners are required to put ALL DETAILS of the math involved in the trade thread of the Done Deals forum. If pro-rating amounts are not included, pro-rationing of contracts will not occur.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: Roster Corrrections

Reply #2
Thanks for the explanation David...I'll correct my spreadsheet.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken