Skip to main content
Topic: League Opening (Read 1799 times) previous topic - next topic

League Opening

If any of you have ever played in any of Terry Frame's Cracker Jack Leagues, you'll know that they are well run DMB leagues. He has a few openings in his Winter League. Here Cracker Jack Winter League is a link to the website. Let me know if you are interested.

Dan
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Re: League Opening

Reply #1
I know that Rod and I are in this league as well. I have just finished my first season in that league and I would agree with Dan that it is well run.

Do you know if any of the team openings are in the AL? Depending upon the situation, I might consider a second, since that is allowed.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #2
I know that Rod and I are in this league as well. I have just finished my first season in that league and I would agree with Dan that it is well run.

Do you know if any of the team openings are in the AL? Depending upon the situation, I might consider a second, since that is allowed.

Hot off the presses, I'm the new GM of the Gotham City Ghosts.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #3
This looks like a fun format, can you submit my name - bcbarnes1@gmail.com
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #4
It is a good league, well run.

I mean it’s not Mutiny, but nothing else is :)

But if anyone else is looking to join a fun league hit me up. Terry runs a good league, he’s been doing it for a long time. He’s got 3-4 leagues, I’m personally in two of them, and have been for well over a decade. Probably closer to 15 years or so. And the league predates me so there is some good stability.

The downside is none of his leagues have a salary cap and only some have minor leaguers. So if that stuff really gets you going, well, Mutiny is the place for you anyway :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #5
It is a good league, well run.

I mean it’s not Mutiny, but nothing else is :)

But if anyone else is looking to join a fun league hit me up. Terry runs a good league, he’s been doing it for a long time. He’s got 3-4 leagues, I’m personally in two of them, and have been for well over a decade. Probably closer to 15 years or so. And the league predates me so there is some good stability.

The downside is none of his leagues have a salary cap and only some have minor leaguers. So if that stuff really gets you going, well, Mutiny is the place for you anyway :)

I agree with Rod's comments. Terry's leagues can be as hands on or hands off as you want them to be. The annual free agent drafts and minor league drafts take some prep time. After that, I usually set my MP to run for the year and let it go. The only adjustments I usually make are for injuries or reaching playing time limits.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #6
To my knowledge there is one opening for the upcoming 2016 season. We are about a week from staying the draft and this team will need some TLC. It's becoming MSB light with the addition of Matt Buland and Brian Barnes being recruited as new owner/GM's.

A reply on this forum would get you into contact with the commissioner and from there it's pretty simple.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS