Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Press Clippings / May 22nd
Last post by Brendtmc -
GAME HIGHLIGHTS

Yetis @ Sweets
Everest scores four in the top of the third to take a 5-1 lead.  It's short lived though; Walla Walla comes back with a nine run bottom of the inning and cruises from there to a 13-5 win.

Rougarou @ Robots
Roxbury sweeps the set from Lakeview.  Ke'Bryan Hayes' eighth inning lead off home run provides the winning margin for the Robots who squeak by tonight, 3-2, after an easier 6-1 victory in game one.

Hammers @ Rattlers
Windy City pitching gives seven free passes to Hawaiian Gardens hitters, but they hold the Hammers to just four hits and sweep the short set with a 2-0 shutout.

Frick Conference lead
Scurvy pulls out a 7-6 win with an eighth inning Yainer Diaz ground out; Bako drops its fourth in a row as GP's Andrew Vaughn touches up Bums closer Devin Williams with a game winning homer (Williams' first conceded run this season) to sweep Bako.  The Dogs take over sole possession of first in the conference.  Rumors of a goggle wearing, cork popping celebration in the Scurvy locker room for having finally reached top spot in the conference are still unsubstantiated (but believable).
2024 Game Inside the Game / Re: 2024 GIG Round 2
Last post by profjason -
The ACLs select . . . Mookie Betts

AVG:  .300
OBP:  .390
SLG:  .570
Runs:  19
RBIs:  21
K's:  25
2Bs:  9
HRs:  7
BBs:  18
GW RBI:  Of course, the best player in ACLs history will have a GWRBI, most likely driving in Soto
Press Clippings / Re: May 21st
Last post by Kyle -
Good grief…

I feel your pain.   Nothing stinks worse than a high scoring game that burns thru ABs and innings pitched to only result in a loss.  At least from my end the Auk gets the win and pulls within a game of your Thunder for third.

League has been quiet.   Perhaps soon the playoff contending teams will look to gain an edge and the trading market will heat up.   I'm looking for a shortstop that can hit RHP.    Also perhaps five starting pitchers that don't have their heads up their dupa would be nice as well.   
Hey, good on your Auk! In the regular season, these games make me shake my head. It’s the post-season losses like these that have foiled my Thunder recently. Lost a 7-point lead with my Ace on the mound to Butch’s Sweets in game 5 that would have had me up 3-2 in games. Gotta play the games!
2024 Game Inside the Game / Re: 2024 GIG Round 2
Last post by Rum Runners -
Name your player: Nico Hoerner
1) AVG (within .010 = 2 points, nail it = 5 pts) - .275
2) OBP (within .020 = 2 points, nail it = 5 pts) - .347
3) SLG (within .030 = 2 points, nail it = 5 pts) - .381
4) How many Runs will he score? (within 3 = 2 points, nail it = 5 pts) - 17
5) How many RBI will he have? (within 3 = 2 pts, nail it = 5 pts) - 11
6) How many Strikeouts will he have? (within 3 = 2 points, nail it = 5 pts) - 17
7) How many Doubles will he have? (within 3 = 2 pts, nail it = 5 pts) - 5
8 ) How many HR’s will he have? (within 3 = 2 points, nail it = 5 pts) - 3
9) How many Walks will he have? (within 3 = 2 points, nail it = 5 pts) - 11
10) Will he have a Game-Winning RBI? (no = 2 points, yes = 5 points) - yes