Mutiny Simulation Baseball

2017 Season => Minor League Draft => Topic started by: bcbarnes on June 19, 2017, 09:40:19 AM

Title: Draft
Post by: bcbarnes on June 19, 2017, 09:40:19 AM
I expected to see some discussion about the draft, anyone else out there that is out of contention looking forward to the rebuild?

Am I in the right place?

Bueller, Bueller
Title: Re: Draft
Post by: Rum Runners on June 19, 2017, 02:39:59 PM
I am looking forward to it, but I just need to establish the time to build my draft board.

Post by: Kyle on June 20, 2017, 11:37:35 AM
Looking forward to it as well.  We usually don't start until the draft signing deadline has passed.   That's July 7 this year.   And the international signing deadline already passed (June 15). 

So maybe we can start Saturday, July 8?  Huh?  Maybe?  :)
Post by: scubadan on June 20, 2017, 01:00:48 PM
I am looking forward to it, but I just need to establish the time to build my draft board.

Research is overrated. Just pull a Chris Correa and try to hack someone else's research. j/k
Post by: Rum Runners on June 21, 2017, 11:32:36 AM
I would like to see a re-discussion of who is and who isn't available to be drafted from the off-season rule changes. These will have a pretty decent size impact on the players who can be drafted.
Post by: dgonser on June 26, 2017, 11:11:22 AM
Brent (and others). 

Eligibility:
 Only players with 65 or less career at-bats or 25 or less career innings pitched as of the start date of
the MSB minor league draft can be drafted in the MSB minor league draft.
 Players must be currently under contract with a real-life MLB team or one of its minor league
affiliates at the start of the draft.
 Any player that is waived during the draft is not eligible to be drafted.
Post by: Rum Runners on July 11, 2017, 02:09:04 PM
What is the process to waive current Minors players prior to the draft? I might have a couple of players, haven't decided yet.
Post by: Kyle on July 11, 2017, 04:53:45 PM
What is the process to waive current Minors players prior to the draft? I might have a couple of players, haven't decided yet.
Just waive them in the waiver wire forum, and list them as minors (as opposed to listing their contract details).