Skip to main content
Topic: Ballpark Draft - 2020 (Read 4409 times) previous topic - next topic

Ballpark Draft - 2020

In advance of lifting the transaction freeze, I wanted to post the taken ballparks and eligible teams should you be interested in moving for 2020.  These are:

Tropicana Field
Wrigley Field
Progressive Field
Angel Stadium
Rogers Centre
PNC Park
Miller Park
Fenway Park
Comerica Park
Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Busch Stadium
Petco Park
Dodger Stadium
Safeco Field
Great American Ballpark
Kauffman Stadium
Nationals Park
Minute Maid Park
Yankee Stadium
Coors Field

Teams that are eligible for the draft are:

Ankeny ACLs
Data City Cache Hogs
Orange County Devils
Ann Arbor Landlubbers
Brooklyn Kraken
Chicago Rum Runners
Motor City Madmen
Windy City Rattlers
River City Cutthroats
Moonstruck Blues
Arizona Koi
Phoenix Miners
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: Ballpark Draft - 2020

Reply #1
The ACLs are very happy with our present home, and we'll be staying at America's Ballpark, Tropicana Field.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #2
The ACLs are very happy with our present home, and we'll be staying at America's Ballpark, Tropicana Field.
You're the only one wanting to stay in the Trop...  Even the real life tenants are trying to get out!
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #3
David, I thought I qualified this year?
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #4
Yeah, you're right.  I was calculating the years wrong.  Teams that are eligible have been edited.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #5
When is the deadline for entry into the ballpark draft?
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #6
The Kraken will stay put.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #7
David, there's only one other ballpark I'd prefer over Kauffman Stadium.  The rules are light on this one... I'm wondering the following:
- Can I wait until my turn comes up in the draft before I fully commit to being in it? 
- Or, can I commit to the draft, but "keep" Kauffman as a taken ballpark until I release it for my #1 preferred (if it's still available)?

I guess what I'm saying is I'll participate in the draft if I can get the park I want.  If not, I want to keep Kauffman.  Am I just being greedy? 

Reply #8
Kyle and others:

You can commit to the draft and decide to stay pat if your ballpark doesn't come up.  Seeing as you would be last in the draft, you'll either know or not by then.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #9
Kyle and others:

You can commit to the draft and decide to stay pat if your ballpark doesn't come up.  Seeing as you would be last in the draft, you'll either know or not by then.
Cool, then I'm in unless my preferred field is taken before I pick.  Thanks.

Reply #10
Hang on.  In years past if you participated in the draft your park was up for grabs.  You could keep it if there was no better option and your park had not already been taken already when your pick came up.  I'm quite sure my relinquished park was taken before my pick in a prior draft.  There's always been a risk/reward to the draft.  Has that changed?
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #11
Matt, I do not remember the situation you're referring to - last year when you changed ballparks, the Sweets did not take your ballpark.

You do raise a good point, though as far as I know, we never really developed rules for the ballpark draft and no one has ever raised a concern about this issue. 
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #12
My experience was a few years ago. Not last.

I really don't particularly care how it's done.  I was just pointing out this is a new interpretation.  In previous years if you participated you risked your park.  I always weighed participating because of that issue.

Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #13
Matt,

Rod and I discussed the issue and we agree with you.  If you want to declare for the ballpark draft, you lose your ballpark at the start of the draft.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #14
Ann Arbor Landlubbers will be leaving Pittsburgh and entering the draft.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers