Skip to main content
Topic: Draft (Read 1835 times) previous topic - next topic

Draft

Guys,

I am sort of flying by the seat of my pants as a new guy...so if I ask something that is stupid...you can call me out.

Is there a draft coming up during this season? Just wondering.

HONEYBADGERS

JT
I know I was born and I know that I'll die..the in between is mine

Re: Draft

Reply #1
Minor League Draft this summer.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #2
Thank you!

Honey Badgers

Reply #3
Do we have an estimated start time for the draft? I need to get serious about preparing.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #4
Sorry all for not being more proactive, it’s been a long summer for everyone!

The draft will start on Sunday August 15th. We’ll post draft slots in a couple days, but please start prepping…
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #5
I decided the best thing for me to do was to wait until the week before to prepare .... Lost power and internet for 3 days and just got it back ... I'm sure I have not learned my lesson.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #6
Is the draft tomorrow???? What time does it start?

Honey Badgers

Reply #7
I decided the best thing for me to do was to wait until the week before to prepare .... Lost power and internet for 3 days and just got it back ... I'm sure I have not learned my lesson.

That was a wicked storm that moved through SE Michigan last week. We lost power on Thursday and aren't projected to have it back until 11:30 pm Sunday. I haven't heard anything official but we believe a small tornado or funnel cloud passed through our area. I don't think I shared with you guys but last September we lost our home in a fire caused by a lightening strike. No one was hurt but the home was a total loss. It's been a long road working through insurance and construction began on the rebuild in early July. The first and second floors had been framed in with trusses scheduled to be set on Tuesday. I'll give you one guess what the storm decided to take out. At least this time all we lost was time (and another deductible payment).
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #8
Dude!
Thankfully it sounds like a blessing you’re ok…
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #9
That was a wicked storm that moved through SE Michigan last week. We lost power on Thursday and aren't projected to have it back until 11:30 pm Sunday. I haven't heard anything official but we believe a small tornado or funnel cloud passed through our area. I don't think I shared with you guys but last September we lost our home in a fire caused by a lightening strike. No one was hurt but the home was a total loss. It's been a long road working through insurance and construction began on the rebuild in early July. The first and second floors had been framed in with trusses scheduled to be set on Tuesday. I'll give you one guess what the storm decided to take out. At least this time all we lost was time (and another deductible payment).

That is a lot to process and handle.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #10
Can someone confirm for me that anyone drafted in the MLB 2020 and 2021 draft are eligible regardless of their MLB AB/IP? All other players follow the AB/IP requirements?
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #11
Yeah, good question. I have been assuming that any player who exceeded AB/IP limits was NOT draftable...someone like Garrett Crochet, say.
Also: are we back to a 25-man minor league roster limit? I know we were up to 30 for a while, but I know we have to get back down to 25 sometime.
thanks, bob h - Robots

Reply #12
We’re making an exception to the eligibility rules IF the player was drafted in the 2020 or 2021 FYPD.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #13
30 player max for this season only since we didn’t force promotions based on using a projection disk. But this offseason you’ll be required to go back down to 25.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #14
Ah my gosh, Dan! No, I had no idea! That's crazy. What a ride you must be going through.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion