Skip to main content
Topic: Executive of the Year (Read 607 times) previous topic - next topic

Executive of the Year

Apologies for the somewhat briefer post than Kyle's MVP poll, but executive of the year is a bit of a simpler question.  Simply put, which MSB owner impressed you the most this year?  Because of our delay in polling, this question could have a simple answer - it's Jason.  But there are other ways to look at this question than just who won the championship.  So without further ado, the potential executives of the year:

Jason Palmater (ACLs): Two straight World Series championships and a 232-92 record over that time.  Perhaps most impressive is his +324 RS/RA differential.  Next closest was +194. Only downside (and this is a stretch) was that his win total dropped from 122 to 110.
Dan Maloy (Kraken): 93 wins this year.  Five straight division championships.  Like in years past, the Kraken were overshadowed by the ACLs in the Landis. 
Brandon Crews (Brewers): Brandon steered his team to the World Series for the second straight year.  On a pure percentage basis, Brandon's 50% record of appearing in the MSB World Series following his return to MSB is unmatched.  But he did post a losing record.
Brendt Crews (Bums): If this vote were taken prior to the playoffs, Brendt would probably be the winner of this award.  He guided his team to a 23 game improvement over 2020 while winning the Frick Division.  Moreover he did so while playing in the very competitive Scully where 4 teams finished with 88 or more wins.  Second highest RS/RA differential. 
Rod Heetland (Dogs): Only non-division winner I'm including here after Rod improved by 14 games over 2020 and had the fourth highest RS/RA differential.  Still finished third in the Scully and 12 games out of first.

Props also go out to the Rum Runners for their 92 win finish, but it looks remarkably similar to their 92 win finish in 2020 so I've not included them.  Finally, I would have included the owner of the Maniax, but they quit the league before the playoffs were over so whatever.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: Executive of the Year

Reply #1
I think I also had the best record after the all-star break!

Which is a nice way of saying I wasn’t very good beforehand since as David said I still finished 12 games out of first.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs