Skip to main content
Topic: Argonauts Offseason Confidential (Read 262 times) previous topic - next topic

Argonauts Offseason Confidential

The Argonauts had a rough 2022 thanks to the injury bug devastating 3 key starting pitchers in DeGrom, Flaherty and Mize along with lineup stalwarts Harper, Lowe and Haniger not to mention derailing career years from emerging stars Chisholm and Stephenson.

Despite those negatives, most still have useable at bats and innings pitched and with great years from Alcantara and Munoz and solid years from Devers, Nimmo, Murphy, Gimenez and Happ plus the ascendancy of minor leaguers prospects Julio Rodriguez, Michael Harris and Joe Ryan, the Argonauts are going to see what the offseason yields before deciding whether they'll push for the playoffs or suit another year out.

So for now, we're going to explore it all. If you are looking to deal hit me up at thebuland@gmail.com.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Re: Argonauts Offseason Confidential

Reply #1
With the promotions of centerfielders Harris and Rodriguez, the underrated Brandon Nimmo is now available for trade. Nimmo, off a 5.4 fWAR season, offers really good defense and a bat that fits very nicely at the top of your lineup.

I just have him arbitration so in his last year he'll make 7.5M assuming my math is correct.

I'm open in what I am looking to get back though major league pitching is at the top of the list. Of course that's often hard for contending teams to give up this time of year, so if you want to make prospects or draft picks I'd consider that as well. thebuland@gmail.com

Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts