Skip to main content
Topic: Argonauts Make Jazz Chisholm Available (Read 243 times) previous topic - next topic

Argonauts Make Jazz Chisholm Available

“Jazz musicians are the coolest people on the planet. Can I have some cool?” – Jon Stewart

With limited cap room and some key spots yet to fill,  the Argonauts are looking to shop All-Star Jazz Chisholm. Chisholm is a great player, and we're reluctant to make the draftee on a excellent contract (500K/25) available, but trading from an area of depth may be the way to go.

Jazz began the year on a tear that lead to an All Star selection, but a stress fracture to his back unfortunately cut his season short. He is reportedly healthy and will be moving to centerfield for the Marlins this year.

While being limited to 223 at bats, he managed a great 2.6 fWAR season.  His rare speed/power combo with 12 stolen based and a .860 OPS and improved to average defensively at 2B and future at a premium position in center, make him highly valuable, though hard to give up.

The Argonauts value Jazz highly, so if the price isn't right this offseason, they're happy to keep him on the Coliseum dirt. As far as price. there's some flexibility as long as they are working towards making the current team stronger.

Their biggest focus for the offseason has been building pitching depth, especially in the rotation, so the most desirable return, would be young starting pitcher with some good innings this season on a similar contract.

However, solidifying first base and shortstop long-term would also be of interest. There are needs in the bullpen and moving some salary would also be of interest.

In summary, if you have a creative offer we'll consider it. Email me at thebuland@gmail.com or text me at 916-508-1435 with an offer if you're interested.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts