Skip to main content
Topic: Draft (Read 2297 times) previous topic - next topic

Draft

I expected to see some discussion about the draft, anyone else out there that is out of contention looking forward to the rebuild?

Am I in the right place?

Bueller, Bueller
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Re: Draft

Reply #1
I am looking forward to it, but I just need to establish the time to build my draft board.

Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #2
Looking forward to it as well.  We usually don't start until the draft signing deadline has passed.   That's July 7 this year.   And the international signing deadline already passed (June 15). 

So maybe we can start Saturday, July 8?  Huh?  Maybe?  :)
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #3
I am looking forward to it, but I just need to establish the time to build my draft board.

Research is overrated. Just pull a Chris Correa and try to hack someone else's research. j/k
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #4
I would like to see a re-discussion of who is and who isn't available to be drafted from the off-season rule changes. These will have a pretty decent size impact on the players who can be drafted.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #5
Brent (and others). 

Eligibility:
 Only players with 65 or less career at-bats or 25 or less career innings pitched as of the start date of
the MSB minor league draft can be drafted in the MSB minor league draft.
 Players must be currently under contract with a real-life MLB team or one of its minor league
affiliates at the start of the draft.
 Any player that is waived during the draft is not eligible to be drafted.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #6
What is the process to waive current Minors players prior to the draft? I might have a couple of players, haven't decided yet.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #7
What is the process to waive current Minors players prior to the draft? I might have a couple of players, haven't decided yet.
Just waive them in the waiver wire forum, and list them as minors (as opposed to listing their contract details).
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion