Skip to main content
Topic: Aug 26-28 (Read 170 times) previous topic - next topic

Aug 26-28

Rattlers at ACL's:
ACL's win the series (8-9, 4-1, 9-4)
ACL's get 7 in the 4th in G1 (two 3-run HR by Torres, Urias). But the Rattlers answer with 6 in the 6th (a grand slam by Waters) and then took the lead in the 8th on a Waters RBI double. That prevented the sweep.

Thunder at Koi:
Thunder win the series (2-1, 2-1, 1-3)
Kyle said on a text thread he guarantees the Thunder will have the best record in the league and hold it the rest of the year. This a start in that direction.
Strider with a nasty game in G2 - 7 innings, 4 hits, 1 ER, 0 BB, 13 K's

Tubemen at Landlubbers:
Tubemen win the series (1-2 in 10 innings, 10-2, 5-0)
Escobar with a 5-2-4-4 line in G2 for Whacky
Snell and a pair of RP with a 3=hit shutout in G3 while striking out 13.

Miners at Brewers:
Miners win the series (1-4, 1-0, 7-4)
Nola with a CGSO in G2. 6 hits, 0 walks, 10 K's.
Miners have won 7 of their last 10!

Hammers at Robots:
Robots win the series (4-6, 10-0, 4-2)
Pivetta and a pair of RP with the 3-hit shutout in G2.
Rutschman continues to be a bright spot for the Bots with a 3-2-2-2 line with his 11th HR in G2.

Rougarou at Kraken:
Kraken win the series (9-4, 8-2, 1-6)
I find no joy in this line. Cole (in his Rougarou debut) = 5.1 innings, 9 hits, 8 ER. At least he struck out 9, but I don't think this is what Brian was expecting. For the record, me neither.

Sweets at Bums:
This marquee matchup didn't live up to it's billing as the Sweets say hey Kyle. Hold my beer.
Sweets sweep (9-4, 3-2, 4-3 in 10 innings)
G3: Bums send the game into extra innings on a 2-out, 2-strike, Witt HR. Top of the 10th goes like this: HBP to setup the force (might want to investigate if that slipped out of his hand or if Cyber Brendt called for the plunk, seems fishy), RBI single scores the ghost runner. Please for the love of god can we all pretend that MLB doesn't have that stupid rule?
Bums have lost 7 of their last 10 and I'm packing up my belongs in a box as I'm sure I'm fired again.

Auk at Argos:
Argos also tell Kyle to hold their beer.
Argos sweep (2-0, 4-1, 2-0).
Argos are on a role, winning 6 straight will giving up a total of 5 runs.
Alcantara, Fried, Ryan combine for this:
24 innings, 13 hits, 1 run, 6 walks, 15 K's

Anglerfish at Dogs:
Dogs win the series (2-1 in 10 innings, 4-1, 0-8)
This is really going to make Brian upset:
Wood (in his Dogs debut) = 6 innings, 7 hits, 1 run, 0 BB, 9 K's. Sorry man, DMB can be fickle sometimes.

Sea Wolves at Madmen:
Sea Wolves win the series (2-1, 7-6, 2-4)
Burnes vs Ray was a beauty in G1 as each of them left with a 1-1 game. An Abreu HR in the top of the 8th gave the win the Sea Wolves though.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: Aug 26-28

Reply #1
Man, my offense better show up if my smack talk is to be reality.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion