Skip to main content
Topic: Individual owner backgrounds and information (Read 1698 times) previous topic - next topic

Individual owner backgrounds and information

Gentlemen,

When I joined Mutiny, Kyle had done a great job of including snippets about each owner on the website.  Since then those details have been slowly removed for one reason or another.  I believe this is to our detriment.  In an era of social media we haven't done a great job of being very social. 

What would you like to see on the team pages for owner information? In the past we have had varying levels of participation in providing details or pictures. Is this due to privacy concerns or lack of interest?  There are a number of fields within the forum profile to facilitate some of this, but most of us haven't updated those fields.

Thoughts?  As I create new team pages this is a good time to provide some input.

Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Re: Individual owner backgrounds and information

Reply #1
Darrell, when I was doing the profile pages, for those who put very little info, it was almost always about privacy, which I'm sure we all totally understand and respect.  For example, when I sent out requests for personal pictures I could use on the site, I'd get about half the GMs to send pics right away.  I'd wait a week or so, then send out a reminder.  I'd get a couple more pics, and a few emails explaining they'd rather not, due to privacy.  And I'd sometimes not get any responses, but those GMs were always very responsive in other items, so I chalked that up to privacy reasons as well.

The 20 questions thing had near 100% participation, so that was kinda cool.  I just googled "ice breaker questions" and chose from there, then added baseball related questions (Did you play? What position? Favorite pro team? Favorite ballpark? etc).  If I had to do it all over again, I'd shorten the number of questions and create 20x5 tables (maybe 2 or 3) with the GM names listed vertically along the left side, and 5 questions along the top horizontally, with GM responses in the squares, just so I could read all the answers on one page and compare them to other GMs.  Maybe 5 baseball related questions, 5 family/work related questions (job, wife/kids, hobbies), and 5 "just for fun" questions (favorite food, actor, vacation spot).
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
Heck, you could do a 15x5 table for each division, but reverse where you put the GM names and questions.  Do the GM names across the top, and the questions along the left side.  It'd be cool to have 4 divisional "front pages" with that info.

Reply #3
That is a lot of work, combined with everything else you're doing!  If you like the idea (or something similar), maybe you should find a volunteer to help you collect the info.  :) Happy to try to do that, or delegate it out, if you like.

Reply #4
If you DON'T like the idea, no worries!! Don't ask me to do it if you'd rather go another direction. LOL

Reply #5
Darrell, when I was doing the profile pages, for those who put very little info, it was almost always about privacy, which I'm sure we all totally understand and respect.  For example, when I sent out requests for personal pictures I could use on the site, I'd get about half the GMs to send pics right away.  I'd wait a week or so, then send out a reminder.  I'd get a couple more pics, and a few emails explaining they'd rather not, due to privacy.  And I'd sometimes not get any responses, but those GMs were always very responsive in other items, so I chalked that up to privacy reasons as well.

The 20 questions thing had near 100% participation, so that was kinda cool.  I just googled "ice breaker questions" and chose from there, then added baseball related questions (Did you play? What position? Favorite pro team? Favorite ballpark? etc).  If I had to do it all over again, I'd shorten the number of questions and create 20x5 tables (maybe 2 or 3) with the GM names listed vertically along the left side, and 5 questions along the top horizontally, with GM responses in the squares, just so I could read all the answers on one page and compare them to other GMs.  Maybe 5 baseball related questions, 5 family/work related questions (job, wife/kids, hobbies), and 5 "just for fun" questions (favorite food, actor, vacation spot).

Heck, you could do a 15x5 table for each division, but reverse where you put the GM names and questions.  Do the GM names across the top, and the questions along the left side.  It'd be cool to have 4 divisional "front pages" with that info.

I have no problem sharing, like I told the C.O.'s in an email, an active league is a healthy league. Send out something by email and we can individually send back to Kyle as organizer.

bbrownfantay@gmail.com
573-268-2605 talk/text
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)