Skip to main content
Topic: 3B Surplus (Read 1077 times) previous topic - next topic

3B Surplus

The Nomads have a plethora of talented young 3rd baseman and would be interested filling some other needs by trading some of that talent.

Rafael Devers (minors):  Looks to be a dynamic future middle of the order bat.  I am not keen to trade him, but again it's an area of depth.  He will need to be promoted before the season starts.

Alex Bregman (minors):  Looks to also be a dynamic middle of the order bat.  He also has positional flexibility which would make it very tough for me to move.  He looks to be my starting shortstop this season.  He will also need to be promoted before the season starts.

Eugenio Suarez (2019).  Great numbers versus both lefty and righties.  I believe he is arbitration eligible.  In the past he has qualified at shortstop and there has been some talk he could move back to that position when the Reds promote Senzel.  Or Senzel may move to second. 

Travis Shaw (2018).  Great numbers versus righties and has strong defensive skills.  He's the shortest term guy of the bunch and therefore easier to move but is one of my better players vs righties.

I can fit all of these guys onto my team so I don't have to trade them.  But I have other areas of need and perhaps you have depth at those positions. Young starters (with at least a partial season of usable stats) is by far my biggest interest.  I could use help in leftfield, second base as well as first base versus lefties as well.

Most of these guys are young players with a lot of team control ahead while carrying good numbers at the major league level, so that is what I would hope to get back.  But I'm always willing to listen if you have another idea.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts