Mutiny Simulation Baseball

2018 Season => Trade Agreements => Trades Reviewed => Topic started by: Kyle on August 10, 2018, 11:54:50 AM

Title: Blockbuster Trade between the Nomads and Asterisks (no, not kidding)
Post by: Kyle on August 10, 2018, 11:54:50 AM
I know I've posted that title tongue-in-cheek before, but this time... well...

The Foothill Nomads send Alex Bregmann (2021/R1/$500K) to the Asterisks for top prospect Royce Lewis, Tyler Mahle (both minors) and Wilson Ramos (2020/$1M).

Expect a column by Bul Matthewson and the Weekly Bird Call, only after Matt confirms the deal.

Always a pleasure, Matt.  Best of luck to you with the haul.
Title: Re: Blockbuster Trade between the Nomads and Asterisks (no, not kidding)
Post by: thebuland on August 10, 2018, 12:54:48 PM
Nomads team statement:  The Nomads have traded Alex Bregman to the Arizona Asterisks for catcher Wilson Ramos and minor leaguers Royce Lewis and Tyler Mahle.  After some very productive conversations over the last month, the Nomads organization decided they would back off moving Alex amidst his breakout season and increasing positional flexibility.  Just a few days ago, the Asterisks organization came to the Nomads with a strong offer that made us reconsider our stance.  It was clear the perceived value in the league had reached a level that was in line with the organizations value for Alex.  The Nomads countered with an offer that met the needs of both the major and minor league rosters which was accepted by Team President Kyle Coffin just before noon today.

Alex will be missed greatly and we wish him the best with the exception of any Nomads/Asterisks head to head match up.  We very much appreciate a smooth and easy trade conversation with Kyle and thank him for what should be a great trade for both teams.

In other words, the Nomads approve.
Post by: David Johnson on August 10, 2018, 01:12:22 PM
Approved.

Edit: strike that.  Matt, you need to waive another minor leaguer.
Post by: thebuland on August 10, 2018, 01:16:13 PM
I've made 3 additional waivers which I believe gets me to 24.
Post by: David Johnson on August 10, 2018, 01:29:39 PM
Trade is approved.
Post by: Scurvy Dogs on August 15, 2018, 02:28:34 AM
processed in the database