Skip to main content
Topic: Realignment? (Read 11633 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Realignment?

Reply #45
I like the broadcaster idea.

Use that as a concept for the League names, keeping Mutiny Simulation Baseball as MSB rolls off the tongue pretty well.

With the teams represented in each division, they could nominate their broadcaster, tv or radio and allow league vote to decide each.

I have no idea as far as the League names under Mutiny.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #46
I like the Scully League and the Caray League.  Just as long as we don't have a Joe Buck league. 

Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #47
I vote we approve the latest realignment plan. 

I'm good with Broadcasters.  Scully would be my vote.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #49
I'd certainly throw Ernie Harwell's name out if we're nominating broadcaster for division names.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #50
I'm confused.  I thought the divisions were regional names and we were discussing League names?
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #51
I'd certainly throw Ernie Harwell's name out if we're nominating broadcaster for division names.

I guess I overlooked the divisions already being named. You don't like the sound of Joe Buck South "Division"?
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #53
So the only wrench I'll throw in this is this: do we really want to move the Motor City Madmen, who lives in Hamburg, MI, which is 20 minutes from Ann Arbor and 55 minutes from Brooklyn, MI, to the East division?  I know there is no ideal alignment right now (I'm looking at you Bulldogs!) as we are missing one final eastern team.

Is there an owner among the Bulldogs, Rattlers, or Rum Runners who would be comfortable moving to the east?  If it was the Bulldogs, you could move the Scurvy Dogs to the new West division and rename the other one the Northwest.  If it was either the Rattlers or the Rum Runners, it's an easy switch for the Madmen.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #54
I'm in one of those in between locations. If the goal is to keep us geographically in a region, I would prefer to stay in the central.

Regarding website addresses, there is a long explanation for the URLs.  They've only been used because they were convienent - believe it or not neither had anything to do with Mutiny when registered.  One was for a board game Scott and I were working on and the other was for a horse racing simulation league (don't ask).  If someone has a great idea for a catchy URL let me know...

As for realignment I'm seeing no objections to the following.  I'd be okay with it as long as we don't expect to realign every time an owner moves.  Changing team names, moving divisions, etc. does require a significant amount of work for Rod, David and I as these things have implications in DMB, spreadsheets, website, etc.   Now is the perfect time to do it as we will need to make these types of changes for expansion. 

Current proposed and damn near final realignment is:
Western Division
Rainiers, Brewers, Cutty's, Nomads, Sweets

Southern Division
Asterisks, Koi, Bombers, Bums, Bulldogs

Central Division
Dogs, Rattlers, Kraken, Landlubbers, Rum Runners

Eastern Division
Madmen, OCD, ACLs, Cache Hogs, Robots

Is this the latest version, ignoring the division names being in flux?
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #55
Current proposed and damn near final realignment is:
Western Division

Southern Division
Asterisks, Koi, Bombers, Bums, Bulldogs, Rum Runners

Central Division
Dogs, Rattlers, Kraken, Landlubbers, Rum Runners, Madmen

Eastern Division
Madmen, OCD, ACLs, Cache Hogs, Robots, Bulldogs

Would something like this work?
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #56
I think if the Bulldogs move east, the Scurvy Dogs move west.  So it would look something like this with changes to division names included:

WNorthwestern Division

SouthernWestern Division
Asterisks, Koi, Bombers, Bums, BulldogsDogs

Central Division
DogsMadmen, Rattlers, Kraken, Landlubbers, Rum Runners

Eastern Division
MadmenBulldogs, OCD, ACLs, Cache Hogs, Robots

Though it does turn out that among Columbia, MO, Sioux Falls, SD, and New Orleans, LA, the first city is the closest (by about 110 miles) to Scottsdale, AZ where Jim lives.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #57
I think if the Bulldogs move east, the Scurvy Dogs move west.  So it would look something like this with changes to division names included:

WNorthwestern Division

SouthernWestern Division
Asterisks, Koi, Bombers, Bums, BulldogsDogs

Central Division
DogsMadmen, Rattlers, Kraken, Landlubbers, Rum Runners

Eastern Division
MadmenBulldogs, OCD, ACLs, Cache Hogs, Robots

Though it does turn out that among Columbia, MO, Sioux Falls, SD, and New Orleans, LA, the first city is the closest (by about 110 miles) to Scottsdale, AZ where Jim lives.

David, you have such good ideas.

It looks like this is what we're going with for realignment.  I can tell you I'm not super happy about having to compete against Kyle, Rod, Jim, and Brendt, but c'est la vie. 
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #58
David,

To be honest, I looked at that on a map and didn't really have an opinion that would make much of a difference. I've been to Chicago multiple times and it's within driving distance. I've never been to Arizona, but AFL or Spring Training should be on the agenda at some point.

That is looking like one tough Western division.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #59
David,

To be honest, I looked at that on a map and didn't really have an opinion that would make much of a difference. I've been to Chicago multiple times and it's within driving distance. I've never been to Arizona, but AFL or Spring Training should be on the agenda at some point.

That is looking like one tough Western division.
Yes, I am not looking forward to building from within this division.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009