Skip to main content
Topic: May 14 (Read 925 times) previous topic - next topic

May 14

HotN:
Since David says I don't say anything nice about the Miners (proof bribery works to get a HotN mention) the Miners take 3 of 4 from my Dogs with a 3-0 victory. Peacock goes 7 innings allowing only 2 hits while striking out 7 to improve to 3-2 on the year. Thames hit his 8th HR, Jones with his 6th.

Honorable Mention:
Runs were at a premium when the Rum Runners played the Madmen. Hell, offense in general was at a premium as the teams combined for 1 run and 5 hits. The winning run for the RR was fittingly scored a groundout to SS in the 7th.

(dis)Honorable Mention:
This is getting to be common place, thankfully it didn't involve one of my pitchers this time though. Suter for the ACL's was rocked for 14 his, 13 runs (7 earned) in 5+ innings in a 15-3 loss to the Kraken. Side Note - can someone explain why if the SP commits the error that the runs are unearned? Seems to me since you committed the error the runs should be charged to you???
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: May 14

Reply #1
I'm just happy to be at 0.500 at the rough 1/4 mark of the season after 40 games played. Need to start winning a few more series to threaten for a playoff spot, but the Rum Runners are improving.

A few disappointments in the bullpen and rotation are clamoring with the skipper to keep their roles and not get traded or demoted like Joey Bats.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: May 14

Reply #2
Should have saved some of that pitching for the next game. Sorry...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs