Skip to main content
Topic: May 31 (Read 756 times) previous topic - next topic

May 31

Since we've reached the end of May and essentially 1/3 of the season is complete I thought I'd recap the standings:
- In the West, my Dogs have a slim 1 game lead over the Asterisks and a 3 game lead over the Koi. This is probably the most competitive division as the Miners are hanging around as well at only 6 games back. Plus all 4 of these teams have a positive run differential (only division who can make that claim).
- In the Northwest, the Nomads have a 2 game lead over the Cuttys while the Rainiers are the only expansion team above .500 and are only 4 back.
- In the East it's really just a 2 team race between the ACL's and Cache Hogs who trail by 2 games.
- In the Central the Kraken continue to pace the league at 40-17 and have a comfortable 5 game lead over the Landlubbers. However the Landlubbers and Rattlers are definitely in the wild card race with whoever doesn't win the East.

- In the ESPN fantasy league the Kraken also have good lead with 106 roto points. My Dogs are trying to keep things interesting with 96 and the Rum Runners are in third with 80.

HotN:
Cutthroats beat the Cache Hogs 5-4 in 12 innings. Cuttys get HR in the top of the 12th from Gamel and Puig to take a 3-run lead. Trout answered with a 2-out 2-run HR in the bottom of the 12th, but that was the end of the comeback.

Honorable Mention:
A trio of shutouts:
Rum Runners 6-0 over the Miners (Lackey with a 2-hitter through 6+)
Nomads 9-0 over the Devils (Gonzalez with a 4-hitter through 7)
Kraken 9-0 over the Asterisks (Fulmer with a CG 5-hitter)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs