Skip to main content
Topic: June 18 (Read 779 times) previous topic - next topic

June 18

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the 4th. I should be back to running games on a regular (or at least semi-regularly) basis. I'll continue running double-headers until we get caught back up with real-life dates. We're not far off the pace and we'll pick up 5 dates at the end of June for the "all-star break".

Reminder that the minor league draft is rapidly approaching. During the draft we go into a transaction freeze due to the volume of transactions made. You can still make MP updates of course, but after the draft completes I'll batch process all transactions and post a new league file. We'll take a day or two break from games to give everyone an opportunity to send in a new MP after waivers, trades, etc have been processed.

HotN:
Landlubbers win 2-1 over the Rattlers in 12 innings on a Rendon walk-off HR. That was Rendon's only official AB as he hit a sac fly in the 1st for the Landlubbers only other run and was walked 3 times and HBP before the HR. The strength of the Landlubbers continue to be their pitching as they have only given up 265 runs, or just over 3.5 runs a game, which is the best in the league. I talked about Kluber the other day, but Jansen has been probably just as impressive out of the bullpen. 34 innings, 19 hits, 2 walks, 54 strikeouts, only 4 runs allowed. Jansen didn't get a save opportunity in this game (he's second in the league with 19) but he went 3+ innings and allowed only 1 baserunner while striking out 6.

Honorable Mention #1:
Gary Sanchez was a one man wrecking crew for the Koi - collecting 5 hits with 3 runs and 2 RBI in their 10-9 win over the Dogs. Koi have won 6 straight.

Honorable Mention #2:
Astersucks continue to win, picking up wins 8 and 9 in a row with a 9-6 win over the ACL's and a 14-2 beatdown of the Miners. Interesting Miners fact - they remain in 4th place in the Western division, but would be in 1st place in the Pacific Northwest.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs