Skip to main content
Topic: July 2 (Read 919 times) previous topic - next topic

July 2

I also want to remind people that we will be starting the minor league draft on Friday. If you have questions, please let one of the commish team know.

Lastly, I wanted to remind everyone of the offseason change to the usage rules. I will not be farming players if they go over their usage, we'll be using the system controls that turns a overused player into a replacement level player. It's not pretty. So keep track of your usage - 105% of total for batters, 120% of splits for batters, 105% of total for pitchers

HotN:
Sweets win 1-0 over the Bums. Can't fault Bums Estrada who went 7 innings (4 hits, 2 walks, 1 ER) but he got no help from his batters. Anderson and a pair of RP allowed only 4 hits and 0 walks for the win for Sweets.
Strategy that didn't work out - in the bottom of the 7th with runners on 2nd and 3rd with two outs Estrada intentionally walked Escobar (.217 batting average on the season) to load the bases and face Wolters. Wolters lined a single between 3rd and SS for the only run of the game.

Honorable Mention #1:
Dogs win 15-3 over the Brewers. But this was a 6-3 game heading into the 9th. 9 runs later and a close game became a blowout.
Fun fact - in the fateful 9th 4 pinch hitters came to the plate. They went 3-3 with 2 HR, a single, and an HBP. Good use of the bench :)

Honorable Mention #2:
Landlubbers win 5-4 over the Robots in 11 innings. Winning run scores on a single, 2 groundouts to advance the runner to 3rd, and another single. Small Ball for the win...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs