Skip to main content
Topic: July 8 (Read 817 times) previous topic - next topic

July 8

"It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you" - Aaliyah (well technically Timbaland)

HotN:
The Rougarou were cruising, up 8-3 entering the bottom of the 7th against the ACL's when the wheels came off. Sano went 2-2 with a HR and 5 RBI in the 7th inning as the ACL's plated 10 in total to win 14-8. The main culprit was Phelps who got shellacked for 6 hits, 5 walks, and 9 earned runs in his 2/3 of an inning. I've talked a couple times about how I should talk more about the Landlubbers, but you could include the ACL's in that discussion of underlooked teams in HotN. Ankeny is tied with the Dogs and Landlubbers for the 2nd best record in the league (56-34) and have a comfortable 8 game lead in the East.

Honorable Mention #1:
Nomads win 9-8 over the Rainiers to extend their lead in the PNW over the expansion team to 3 games. Shaw was given the "vote of confidence" from the GM after they traded away Bregman . Shaw came through when they needed him tonight, with a walk-off single. Although he still only went 1-5 with 2 strikeouts and an error and is hitting a measly .188 on the season. So we'll see how long that confidence lasts.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs