Skip to main content
Topic: July 16 (Read 912 times) previous topic - next topic

July 16

HotN:
Kyle and I have a friendly rivalry, so it pains me to give the Asterisks love. But sometimes they deserve it. Not often of course, but sometimes.
The hottest team in the league belongs to Arizona, as they have won 9 of their last 10 and have a 3 game lead over the Dogs in the West. The other key indicator is they also have the best run differential in the league at 163. They took 2 tonight (8-4 over the Robots and 3-1 over the Bums). And now I must talk about something else before my keyboard melts down from giving them love two days in a row.

Honorable Mention #1:
Fulmer narrowly missed a no-hitter, only giving up a 2nd inning single (who was then promptly caught stealing) in the Kraken 6-0 win over the Nomads. The Nomads have now lost 4 straight and their lead in the Northwest is shrinking daily. Incidentally they lost G2 tonight 12-9 to the Madmen on a 3-run walkoff HR by Pollock in the 11th in a game the Nomads had a 9-7 lead with 1-out in the bottom of the 9th.

Honorable Mention #2:
Fun one between the Rougarou and the Robots as they combine for 25 runs, 27 hits, and 11 walks - you can make a pretty good point that qualifies for a (dis)Honorable Mention. Anyway, they Rougarou win 15-10.
Gonzalez - 5+ innings, 12 hits, 11 runs (10 earned), 5 walks
Gray - 6+ innings, 10 hits, 10 runs, 3 walks
Clearly neither SP was effective.

Honorable Mention #3:
Verlander is doing his best to keep the Rattlers in the playoff chase, slinging a 2-hit, 10 strikeout performance in their 6-1 win over the Brewers.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs