Skip to main content
Topic: July 18 (Read 971 times) previous topic - next topic

July 18

HotN:
The Landlubbers and Kraken finally squared off and the games didn't disappoint.

G1 - Kind of a quick hook on Roark as he didn't make it out of the 5th after allowing 3 runs on a based loaded double by Lamb (who advanced to 3rd on an error by Andrus) to tie the game at 3 apiece. However that error proved costly as Brach balked to bring Lamb home and give the Landlubbers a 4-3 lead. The Kraken tied it back up in the top of the 6th on an Upton HR and that's where the score stayed until the bottom of the 11th when Lamb scored from 1st on a walk-off double by Polanco to give the Landlubbers a 5-4 win.

G2 - The Landlubbers scored quickly, putting up 3-runs in the bottom of the first, highlighted by a 2-run HR by Rendon, which was all the runs they needed in the 3-1 victory. Nelson was in control, going 7+ to even his record at 8-8 on the season. Janson faced 5 (striking out 4) to pick up his 21st save.

Landlubbers had been scuffling a bit heading into this series as they have only gone 4-6 over their last 10 games. But they win the series against the Kraken (Kraken won on the 16th 12-4). These teams don't face off again until the end of August when they play a Home-Away-Home 10 game set.

It's an odd schedule for sure.
Ankeny vs Data City, Arizona vs Bako, AZ vs Phoenix, Chicago vs Windy City, Grants Pass vs River City, Lakeview vs Roxbury, Seattle vs Walla Walla all share the same strange 10 game set from 8/22-8/31 that Ann Arbor and Brooklyn have. Scurvy, Foothill, Motor City, and Orange County have some weird scheduling quirks during those dates with random 1 game sets, but otherwise have fairly normal schedules against each other.

Honorable Mention #1:
Rougarou put a hurt on the Robots again.
in 3 games against the Robots the Rougarou amassed 47 runs on 51 hits (plus 19 walks for good measure) winning 15-10, 19-10, and 13-3. As a team they slashed .421/.510/.694 - that's getting it done. Rougarou are anxiously awaiting the Robots pitching staff returning for that 10 game set in August :)

Honorable Mention #2:
Brendt campaigned for some love from the HotN - but the best I can do is say they kept the games kind of close? Or maybe offer that they had a 4-0 lead through the 3rd in one of them? Sorry, I got nothing else. Bums drop two, 9-4 and 10-5 to some team I refuse to mention again.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: July 18

Reply #1
Five run defeats are 'keeping it kind of close' for my Bums...

I think I'm gonna shut up now about any future HotN love.  I'll just finish out the season in quiet ignominy...
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009