Skip to main content
Topic: Gauging interest in Diplomacy (Read 4167 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Gauging interest in Diplomacy

Reply #15
Now that we know who everyone was - I’m assuming you’re referencing Austria circa Spring 1902 and our failed southern alliance...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #16
Since I have an addictive personality anyway - I’ll admit to being totally hooked.

David, Brent, Dan, Matt - at one point you guys mentioned giving it a try. My brain might melt from trying to do two games at the same time, but I’m up for it if you guys want to try? We need one more (assuming Darrell you’re in as well?)

And don’t feel like you’re up against experts. Darrell was the first one out, and I was right behind him. We, umm, didn’t play well.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #17
I'm up for giving it a try. Not sure what is different this time around.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #18
What kind of time commitment would this be? If I can squeeze it into an 80-100 hour work week, I'd do it. If it takes a block of time, I'd probably have to wait until after 4/15.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #19
So they way we did it in the game that just ended (and it worked pretty well in my opinion) was you had 48 hours to finalize your orders for each round. During that time you were basically just sending emails to the other players trying to convince them to do what you need. So you’re going to get hooked into it, but you have time to make decisions and respond to people as well.

And honestly the first round was doubled so you have even more time to a) learn the rules and b) sort of figure out your primary alliance, etc
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #20
I'm in.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #21
Keep me on the ask list, but I am going to have to decline this time around.  Just to all over this place with this new job.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #23
So we got 4 (maybe 5 once Dan decides)

Rod
Darrell
Brent
David
Dan (maybe)

need 2 more. Anyone? Bueller?
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #24
I'll try...just be patient with me this time of year.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken