Skip to main content
Topic: Landlubbers Promote them all (Read 1201 times) previous topic - next topic

Landlubbers Promote them all

That is,
Christian Arroyo
Socrates Brito
Ronald Guzman
Ryan O'Hearn
Brian Anderson

and yes, because of 3 ABs last year AJ Reed who is 1 AB over the freaking limit, but I'm stubborn, ha. Zero hits in majors in the last 2 years but I still want him!
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Re: Landlubbers Promote them all

Reply #1
processed in the database
(tough luck on Reed, don't the Astros know that 1 game and 3 AB meant nothing to them but everything to you? sheesh)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
Doesn't the 130 start the arbitration clock on MLB players?  So wouldn't it mean something to them too?

Promoted.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
Service time dictates arbitration for MLB players.  Every day they are on the active roster or the major league disabled list they gain a day of service time.  A full season of service time is considered 187 days (was 183 until 2019).

For example, Reed has been promoted to Houston from AAA each of the past three seasons and accrued 131 at bats.  He has 110 days of service time over those three seasons.  By comparison, my Bums own Brandon Lowe was called up for the first time just last season at the beginning of August and he accrued 129 at bats; just two less than Reed.  Lowe however has just 58 days of service time.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009