Skip to main content
Topic: April 14th (doubleheader) (Read 932 times) previous topic - next topic

April 14th (doubleheader)

HotN
Have you guys noticed the complete cluster going on in the Ueker? Sweets, Argonauts, Brewers, and Rainiers are all tied for 1st at 6-7 with the Cutty's one game back at 5-8. This is bringing up memories of last year. Does anyone want to take control of this division?

Honorable Mention #1:
Cache Hogs beat the ACL's 1-0. These two teams are commonly predicted to win the Caray, although the Devils are sitting in 1st place. Anyway, Cahill and a trio of RP combined on the 3-hit shutout. Trout (who else) singled in the 6th, stole 2nd, and scored on a Dickerson double. Trout is batting .326/.446/.630 with 3 HR and 3 SB so he's definitely in the MVP race. But he finished 7th in this GIG cycle to kudos to whoever said no to that question.

Honorable Mention #2:
We have a .400 race going on.
Jose Ramirez (Kraken) - .407/.448/.722
Justin Turner (Dogs) - .396/.491/.583
Bryce Harper (Koi) - .390/.561/.683
plus 3 more above .380

side note - remember a couple years ago we had a discussion on the 2b splurge in FA? Even though Ramirez has moved to 3b he's far outshined everyone else on that list. What a signing by the Kraken. Shaking my head that I signed Dozier instead of Ramirez...

side note #2 - Harper was the player who actually lead the league in OBP, not Trout...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: April 14th (doubleheader)

Reply #1
So much for the Rum Runners getting some home cookin'. After seeing the last few games still on the road, I looked at the schedule. 21 straight road games!

I guess that means that if we can figure things out at Fenway, we'll have something going for the second-half. As for the Kraken, don't get too comfortable at the top.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)