Skip to main content
Topic: May 15th (Read 1060 times) previous topic - next topic

May 15th

HotN:
My GIG answer was correct, Kershaw did beat the Boos. Kershaw was electric, allowing only a 7th inning single before getting pulled in the 9th after his 3rd walk. His line on the night was 8.1 innings, 1 hit, 3 walks, 9 K's, and most importantly 0 runs as the Sweets beat the Boos 2-0. The problem is the Bums also beat the Boos 4-3 ending the streak at 8 before the Sweets matchup. Congrats to Brendt and his "locker room material" for being the only one to get that GIG question correct.

Honorable Mention:
I thought I would check in on how our expansion teams from last year are doing.
The Robots and Bums are scuffling a bit at 13-28 and 14-27 respectively.
But the Rainiers and Brewers are right in the middle of things in the Uecker. The Rainiers are tied for 1st (with the Argos) at 21-20 with the Brewers (winners of 5 straight) nipping at their heels at 20-21. That's very respectable for the two 2nd year teams.

(dis)Honorable Mention:
What's up in Brooklyn? Losing 4 in a row and 7 of their last 10 are not things we're accustomed to seeing. Their two losses tonight were both 9-2 beatdowns by the Landlubbers and Cache Hogs. Can't fault the Kraken for losing to those two teams, lots of teams will do that. But perhaps all is not well in Brooklyn? Maybe we all overvalued our answers to the GIG question regarding the size of their lead at the end of this cycle?
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: May 15th

Reply #1
HotN:
My GIG answer was correct, Kershaw did beat the Boos. Kershaw was electric, allowing only a 7th inning single before getting pulled in the 9th after his 3rd walk. His line on the night was 8.1 innings, 1 hit, 3 walks, 9 K's, and most importantly 0 runs as the Sweets beat the Boos 2-0. The problem is the Bums also beat the Boos 4-3 ending the streak at 8 before the Sweets matchup. Congrats to Brendt and his "locker room material" for being the only one to get that GIG question correct.
You all would be wise to learn from the folly of the Kyle...
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009