Skip to main content
Topic: Aug 25 (Read 802 times) previous topic - next topic

Aug 25

HotN:
Perhaps a team that is flying a little under the radar is the Koi who are 19-5 so far in August which puts them squarely back into the divisional race in the Scully, only 5 back from the Barfs. I mean Boos, ahh, you know who I mean. The big series for them was this week against the Miners. The Koi swept that series (10-3, 10-6, 5-1) to put a significant gap between them and the Miners for the final wild card spot at a minimum. The Miners trail the Koi by 7 games. You have to feel for the Miners who if the status quo holds will finish in 4th place in the Scully and outside of the playoffs in the FF. But they would have a 5 game lead over the Argos for 1st place had they been in the Ueker and they would have a 4 game lead over the Cache Hogs for the final wild card spot had they been in the KML.

Honorable Mention:
4 teams (5 if you include the red-hot Koi) have their eyes on HFA through the playoffs. Here's how that race shapes up:
ACL's = 87-45
Kraken = 86-46
Blues = 85-47
Dogs = 84-48
Koi = 80-52

Honorable Mention #2:
The wild card spots in the KML are getting interesting. Just a couple weeks ago it seemed likely that the Landlubbers and Cache Hogs had them wrapped up, but lets not get ahead of ourselves:
Landlubbers = 75-57
Cache Hogs = 69-63
Rum Runners = 67-65
Rougarou = 66-66
Devils = 62-70
(I wrestled with the idea of including a team 8 games under .500 on this list but the Devils are just as close to a wild card spot in the KML as the Miners are in the FF). Anyway, the Landlubbers seem safe for now but the Cache Hogs have a fight on their hands.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs