Skip to main content
Topic: ACLs Getting Raises through Arbitration (Read 2656 times) previous topic - next topic

ACLs Getting Raises through Arbitration

The ACLs have decided to grant arbitration raises to all players on the team that are eligible for arbitration.

First Time Arbitration Players
Michael Conforto (salary becomes $2.5M)
Francisco Lindor (salary becomes $3M)
Miguel Sano (salary becomes $2M)

Second Year Arbitration Eligible Players
Javier Baez (salary goes from $3.5M to $6M)
Mookie Betts (salary goes from $5M to $9M)
James Paxton (salary goes from $2.5M to $4.5M)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Re: ACLs Getting Raises through Arbitration

Reply #1
All granted.  Great crop of guys getting raises.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #2
Seriously!  Jason, your player development guys need a raise.  :)
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #3
processed in the database

(editors note - ACL's are my pick pre-FA Auctions to take home the trophy this year. Sheesh they are loaded)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4

Absolutely loaded.  Using the rough statistics of Team WAR, the ACLs have a WAR of 71.9.  The second best team is the Scurvy Dogs (go Rod) at ... 54.6 WAR.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #5
The ACLs have decided to grant arbitration raises to all players on the team that are eligible for arbitration.
Aaaaand there goes your free agent budget!

Not that it matters.  ACL's are like the '27 Yankees lineup and the '95 Braves pitching staff all rolled into one.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #6
Aaaaand there goes your free agent budget!

Not that it matters.  ACL's are like the '27 Yankees lineup and the '95 Braves pitching staff all rolled into one.

And the crazy part is that I still have over $12 million to spend in free agency. I don't think that will get me a Yelich, but it might be enough to fill the one or two holes that my lineup has. However, this was what I was talking about how arbitration can eat through your money quickly.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."

Reply #7
And the crazy part is that I still have over $12 million to spend in free agency. I don't think that will get me a Yelich, but it might be enough to fill the one or two holes that my lineup has. However, this was what I was talking about how arbitration can eat through your money quickly.
Oh, I completely agree.  And frankly I like it.  It very closely mirrors MLB and the restrictions teams face with their home grown players as they hit their arbitration years.

I'm already looking a few years into the Bums future trying to calculate what future payrolls may look like as my crop of young prospects mature and hit arbitration.  I'm likely to be in the very same boat as you are now in just a few years.  At least I hope I am!
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions

Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #8
Oh, I completely agree.  And frankly I like it.  It very closely mirrors MLB and the restrictions teams face with their home grown players as they hit their arbitration years.

I'm already looking a few years into the Bums future trying to calculate what future payrolls may look like as my crop of young prospects mature and hit arbitration.  I'm likely to be in the very same boat as you are now in just a few years.  At least I hope I am!

Yes, I think you will be in these shoes in a few years with the talent you have in your minor league system. I know that arbitration has really made me think of that balance of the current versus the future a lot in trying to make sure that I have enough money to keep up with arbitration and deciding who should stay and who should go.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

Reply #9
Yes, I think you will be in these shoes in a few years with the talent you have in your minor league system. I know that arbitration has really made me think of that balance of the current versus the future a lot in trying to make sure that I have enough money to keep up with arbitration and deciding who should stay and who should go.
Yup.  The arbitration system does add an interesting wrinkle to the salary system.  And it really is an ongoing factor throughout the season.  The better a player plays through the season, the more $$$ he starts costing us!
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions

Spits - 2007, 2009