Skip to main content
Topic: April 6, 2020 (Read 755 times) previous topic - next topic

April 6, 2020

I don't mean to highlight the same 3 teams every day, but when you have 3 unbeaten squads, it's hard not to.

The Argonauts continue to take care of things at home by beating the Rainiers 9-4.  Though the Rainier managed to make this one close for a couple innings, the Argonauts offense kept nicking away at Rainiers pitching.  4 runs in the 2nd, 1 run in the 5th, 2 in the 6th, 2 more in the 7th - none of the Rainier pitchers left untouched.

The Madmen win their 5th game at home to start the season and Detroit is pumped!  Even without a quarantine, the bars are so packed around Comerica that it's impossible to find a beer.  This win was on the back of an impressive German performance - 7 IP, 8 K, 70% pitches for strikes.  The impressive Rattlers offense was able to chip away and get a couple runs against the Madmen's relief corps (4 runs in 1.2 IP), but still came away from this one a little befuddled.

On a balmy 57 degree afternoon in Chicago, the weather may have been different, but the result was the same.  The Cache Hogs come away with another win by beating the Bums 9-7.  The Hogs got production from every member of the team - at least 1 hit for their 1-9 hitters and that was enough to propel the Hogs to 5-0.

Though they aren't unbeaten, the Miners have been on a tear in the Scully and logged their 4th straight win 8-0 against the presumptive league favorite Blues.  Though David Price made it only 5 innings, the Miners pitching was the star of the game allowing only 7 men on base and no runs.

The Devils have now played in 3 1-run games and won all three taking this game from the Robots 7-6, beating the Robots yesterday 5-4, and beating the Rougarou 5-4 on April 3rd.  That trend can't last all season, but I imagine the Devils will take it for now.

Robinson Chirinos has a great night with a complete game 3-hitter as the Kraken win this one 6-2 against the Rum Runners.  The Rum Runners did take advantage of their opportunities in scoring 2 runs on 4 men on base, but Chirinos was just too much.  Amazingly, he was able to do this with only 3 strikeouts and only 63% strikes.  The Runners were swinging at and hitting everything, but the defense of the Kraken showed up.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: April 6, 2020

Reply #1
Not keen on a 1-4 start, but when Rizzo his hitless, I REPEAT, "RIZZO IS HITLESS" through five games and Chapman has an ERA closer to his jersey number than single-digits, I know at least two of the problems to track in a small sample size.

There is no panic in Chicago.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)