Skip to main content
Topic: April 11 - 12  (Read 1017 times) previous topic - next topic

April 11 - 12

To get some of this conversation going on the forums, I’ll post the highlights from the game of the night to email and then post the rest of my updates to the forums.

April 11

A nailbiter in Moonstruck!  Though the pitching couldn’t have been more different – Blues with only 6 Ks, but hitting the corners to the Cutthroats blazing fastballs down the middle for 17 Ks – the result was generally the same with both teams being blanked for 9+ innings.  It wasn’t until the bottom of the 10th when Coach Kyle brought Joyce in for Hernandez.  Joyce got the hard fought walk which was followed by a sacrifice bunt to move him over.  After Coach Darrell called for the intentional walk on Thames, Alex Bregman came up.  Not the guy you want to face in a tough situation as Bregman laced on to left for the run-scoring double.

April 12

So far, the ACLs are really taking care of things at home against the Landlubbers.  Game 1 was a brutal 12-0 victory with Mike Soroka pitching the complete game shut-out and the ACLs offense just hitting the ball all over the field.  Game 2 wasn’t any more competitive with a final score of 14-0 as the ACLs had 15 hits.  Overall, the ACLs had 10 HRs over both game.  Just a tough visit all around for the Landlubbers.

I’m not sure how to explain the Devils performance in 1-run games.  Statistical anomaly?  Faith in God?  Whatever the case, they’ve outscored their opponents by only 3 runs, and yet they are now 8-3 and 6-0 in 1-run games.  These last two were both tough losses for the Rattlers as the Devils take the first game 8-7 in the 11th inning and then 3-2 in the 13th inning of game 2.

Coach Barnes is feeling a bit of a sting after perhaps leaving Buehler in a bit too long in last night’s 2-1 loss to the Kraken.  But it’s not like Buehler was struggling.  Ultimately the difference was some very aggressive running by potential MVP Christian Yelich.  He barely beats out an infield single to short followed by a stand-up second base steal and suddenly a Castellanos double is scoring a run rather than stranding a batter. That folks is how to play the game.  Vince Coleman would be proud.

Seems like what the Rum Runners really needed was to get out of Detroit.  After going 2-4 over their first 6 games, the Rum Runners are now 4-1 in games outside of Michigan.  These last two were both blistering displays of hitting – 35 hits over 2 games.  Things could have gone worse for the Robots as the Rum Runners did leave 19 runners on base over those 2 games.  Even so, the main thing the Rum Runners are focused on is this road trip ending as they begin the season with a brutal 21 game road trip.  Who scheduled this season?
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: April 11 - 12

Reply #1
The ACLs are enjoying their home cooking right now. My only concern about these complete games is burning through playing time. Same thing with my hitters, as they are getting way too many PAs in these wins. :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #2
Even so, the main thing the Rum Runners are focused on is this road trip ending as they begin the season with a brutal 21 game road trip.  Who scheduled this season?
So it's not just my Bums getting the scheduling shaft . . . . DMB (or someone in the CO...) just hates Bren(d)t's...

We will take over the world . . . it's inevitable . . . might as well face it.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #3
To get some of this conversation going on the forums, I’ll post the highlights from the game of the night to email and then post the rest of my updates to the forums.

April 11

A nailbiter in Moonstruck!  Though the pitching couldn’t have been more different – Blues with only 6 Ks, but hitting the corners to the Cutthroats blazing fastballs down the middle for 17 Ks – the result was generally the same with both teams being blanked for 9+ innings.  It wasn’t until the bottom of the 10th when Coach Kyle brought Joyce in for Hernandez.  Joyce got the hard fought walk which was followed by a sacrifice bunt to move him over.  After Coach Darrell called for the intentional walk on Thames, Alex Bregman came up.  Not the guy you want to face in a tough situation as Bregman laced on to left for the run-scoring double.

April 12

So far, the ACLs are really taking care of things at home against the Landlubbers.  Game 1 was a brutal 12-0 victory with Mike Soroka pitching the complete game shut-out and the ACLs offense just hitting the ball all over the field.  Game 2 wasn’t any more competitive with a final score of 14-0 as the ACLs had 15 hits.  Overall, the ACLs had 10 HRs over both game.  Just a tough visit all around for the Landlubbers.

I’m not sure how to explain the Devils performance in 1-run games.  Statistical anomaly?  Faith in God?  Whatever the case, they’ve outscored their opponents by only 3 runs, and yet they are now 8-3 and 6-0 in 1-run games.  These last two were both tough losses for the Rattlers as the Devils take the first game 8-7 in the 11th inning and then 3-2 in the 13th inning of game 2.

Coach Barnes is feeling a bit of a sting after perhaps leaving Buehler in a bit too long in last night’s 2-1 loss to the Kraken.  But it’s not like Buehler was struggling.  Ultimately the difference was some very aggressive running by potential MVP Christian Yelich.  He barely beats out an infield single to short followed by a stand-up second base steal and suddenly a Castellanos double is scoring a run rather than stranding a batter. That folks is how to play the game.  Vince Coleman would be proud.

Seems like what the Rum Runners really needed was to get out of Detroit.  After going 2-4 over their first 6 games, the Rum Runners are now 4-1 in games outside of Michigan.  These last two were both blistering displays of hitting – 35 hits over 2 games.  Things could have gone worse for the Robots as the Rum Runners did leave 19 runners on base over those 2 games.  Even so, the main thing the Rum Runners are focused on is this road trip ending as they begin the season with a brutal 21 game road trip.  Who scheduled this season?

I think this season is the same as last year. Why?

I started last season on the road as well.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #4
I just reset the season so it is the same schedule as last year. Remember two years again when the random schedule had everyone playing like a 10-day set against your rival in August? That was no bueno.

So since the schedule last year seemed to work, for simplicity I just left it alone.

I can make a brand new one for next year, no worries.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs