Skip to main content
Topic: April 13 - 14 (Read 941 times) previous topic - next topic

April 13 - 14

All:

Now that we've caught up with today's date which I also timed with a Sunday off, we'll add some GitG questions for you by the next time we run games.  Please free to send me updated MPs - I won't be running games for a couple days.

April 13:
The Brewers in a strong win while visiting the Miners in Phoenix.  Neither team's pitching had a very good night, though the Brewers were still much better and in reality, this one wouldn't have been nearly as close if the Brewers had a better night with their gloves as 3 errors including one by Kevin Newman led to 3 unearned Miner's runs.  But Coach Brandon will let it slide as Newman's 5 hits helped to drive the offense. 

In a pair of 10 inning games, the Dogs defeated the Rainiers 6-5 and the Rougarou beat the Kraken 5-4.  Seems like I keep saying his name when the Dogs play, but Justin Turner has the walk-off single (again).  He's now hitting .383 for the season though surprisingly his power numbers aren't there. 

Meanwhile in Lakeview, the Rougarou take advantage of a burning hot bottom of the order (7-13, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 4 R) to prevent the sweep at home.  Rougarou doing a good job to stick within the pack in a Caray division boasting 3 of the 5 best records in MSB.

April 14:

The ACLs continue their dominant start with an 8-3 victory over the Landlubbers and another 6-3 win over the Cache Hogs.  The ACLs have gotten great performances so far from Minor (2.7 ERA) and Paxton (3.32 ERA).  The ACLs hope to continue this stretch of success in the future, but unlike the Rum Runners road schedule, the ACLs have had an enjoyable stretch of 18 straight home games.  That said, with their lineup, I don't see things changing measurably.

The Dogs finally showing why they play in Coors with a 19-1 win against the previously hot Devils.  This one was instantly over with Miles Mikolas (16.8 ERA so far this year) failing to make it out of the 1st inning (or 2nd or 3rd) without runs.  By the top of the 4th, the Dogs were up 13-1 and were thinking about their day off.

The Rattlers have had a tough go of it this year, so perhaps tonight's game against the Rum Runners is what they need to get back on track.  They entered the bottom of the 9th down 9-6, but after a motivational speech by Coach Ed, the team did what they needed to claw back - a JD Martinez homer drove in Altuve followed by an Arenado walk, a Hoskins walk, and a Kingery double to drive in the winning runs.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: April 13 - 14

Reply #1
And that Sweets team has now won 3 games in a row. The new city was a little frustrated with the start but are liking how they are rebounding from it.
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #2
I do wonder what's making the scheduling process on DMB to schedule such long home or road series of games. 18 home games is nice, but I'd rather have some games in the summer at home when the ACL fans can pack the stadium and root on this team.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #3
Wow! I can't believe in these first 13 games that my bullpen has only had to provide 26 innings. I even had one reliever that has been sitting in the bullpen for all games and never had his name called.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #4
We’ll definitely have a new schedule next year. I wasn’t aware teams had wacky schedules. But no guarantees the random schedule generator won’t create something like this again, but at least it will be different :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs