Skip to main content
Topic: April 22 (Read 992 times) previous topic - next topic

April 22

All:

Does anyone else feel like this book describes their life right now?

The Sweets are on a tear with their 6th win in a row.  They are now tied with the Agronauts for the lead in the Uecker division though technically have the lead based on our tie-break rules.  This was on a 9-7 win against the Rattlers in which thew Rattlers' Gerritt Cole looked as touchable as the Sweets' Trevor Williams.  A big night for Jeff McNeil who was 3-5 with 5 HRs.  He is hitting .418 on the year.

On a night when the difference was more than 1-run, the Koi take down the Devils.  In this one, the Koi were both out-hit and out-walked, but made use of their opportunities and left only 4 men on base all night.  Meanwhile, while the Devils remain a perfect 7-0 in 1-run games, they are 4-9 when the difference is more than that.  Perhaps they made a deal with the ... Astros?

Not surprisingly, the ACLs are another team on a winning streak with wins in their last 4 and 8-2 for their last 10 games.  Today's win comes on the road against the Bums on a strong pitching performance by Soroka - 9 IP, 7 K, and a .77 WHIP.  Soroka now has a 1.64 ERA on the year.  Matz, his counterpart on the night, can't catch a break.  After starting the year against the Cache Hogs, he has now pitched against the Argonauts, and the Blues, and now the ACLs and sports an 11.65 ERA.

After winning their last 7 at home, the Blues were feeling pretty confident.  Enter the Rougarou, who come into Moonstruck and just knocked Caleb Smith and Seth Lugo around.  It wasn't the worst outing for Smith as he only gave up 4 hits and 4 walks, but the Rougarou's hits came at the right times.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: April 22

Reply #1
David must be a whiskey guy, there has been no love for the Rum lately.

After a slow start, things are coming together for Chicago. 12-8 overall, 7-3 in the last ten.

In what has to be the worst scheduling ever in simulation sports.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #2
I personally think the Sweets should be the only team talked about right now. After an 0-5 start we are now 12-8, 6 in a row win streak, and won 9 of the last 10. ;)

After a slow start, things are coming together for Chicago. 12-8 overall, 7-3 in the last ten.

Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #3

I am definitely more of a whiskey guy.  If you find a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle, you let me know - I'll be able to post about the Rum Runners for the rest of the season.
David
Phoenix Miners