Skip to main content
Topic: April 23 - 24 (Read 738 times) previous topic - next topic

April 23 - 24

Hope everyone has some good plans for this weekend.  Mine?  Mostly involve staying within the 1900+ square feet of the house and trying to hide from my children.

So this may not be the focus on the Rum Runners that he wanted, but despite watching Darvish get driven from the game by the 4th inning, the Brewers were themselves able to get to Strasburg in the top of the 5th through some great hitting by the top of their order for a 8-6 win.  But Strasburg isn't totally at fault - much of the blame can be laid at the feet of the Rum Runners fielders who gave up 3 errors in that 5th inning.

As an example of what is giving everyone in the league second thoughts about their chances, the ACLs just lost two in a row and now sit with a modest 16-6 record.  In compiling that record however, the ACLs are out-scoring their opponents by 4 runs per game.  4 runs...  I will give credit to both the Bums who took out the ACLs 4-3 at home and again to the Sweets who took care of things on the road 5-3.

Over the past four games, the Koi bats have just come alive in scoring 31 runs (7, 6, 9, and 9) on 40 for 136 hitting (.294 BA) with 6 home runs.  A lot of that credit goes to Santana who went 9 for 18 with 3 HR.  Just crushing the ball.

After a rough start for the Dogs, they seemed to have turned the corner over the past 3 games with 2 wins over the Cache Hogs and 1 over the Rattlers in which they outscored their opponents 24-7.  Particular credit goes to Arraez and his 7 for 14 performance over that span.  Either he was driving people home or getting home himself.

Coach Craig may want to have a conversation with the bottom of his lineup soon because even though the Landlubbers took care of the Blues at home 10-2, the Landlubbers 5 through 9 hitters are combining for a Mendoza-like BA through the first 22 games of the season.  If Anderson, Riley, Smith, and their duo of catchers can get things going, this team has a bright future this season.
David
Phoenix Miners